Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am a atheist and my grandpa gave me a bible
i am a atheist and my grandpa gave me a bible
i am a atheist and my grandpa gave me a bible.

Has anyone here been given a bible by a family member?

What did you do?
what did you say?

I just said "oh...Thanks" then thankfully i got a phone call so i went outside and put it in my backpack them went back into the friendlies and the topic did not come back up.
RE: i am a atheist and my grandpa gave me a bible
Read it and use it to prove christians wrong and point out the bullshit in their sacred book
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 10, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Blackout Wrote: Read it and use it to prove christians wrong and point out the bullshit in their sacred book
After all... that's what it's for, right? RIGHT!?
(July 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Blackout Wrote: Read it and use it to prove christians wrong and point out the bullshit in their sacred book
After all... that's what it's for, right? RIGHT!?

Of course, what other reasons do I have to read the bible? Oh and let's not forget to study hard the OT to fuck Jews and the Quran/Sharia to fuck muslims.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Fireplace kindling.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(July 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: i am a atheist and my grandpa gave me a bible.

Has anyone here been given a bible by a family member?

What did you do?
what did you say?

I just said "oh...Thanks" then thankfully i got a phone call so i went outside and put it in my backpack them went back into the friendlies and the topic did not come back up.

My very religious aunt gave me a copy of the bible for Christmas one year. Since my cousin told me what was going to happen, I bought her a copy of Hitchens' God is not great.

If they know you're an atheist and are ignorant enough to do this to you, respond in kind. Or say, "no thanks, I have enough fantasy books to read right now."
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: Has anyone here been given a bible by a family member?

What did you do?
what did you say?
Of course. I said thanks and put it with every other book I value. A family heirloom is a valuable thing (even if it wouldn't sell for a dime).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Your grandfather means well. Show respect and move on. There is no need in trying to convince old folks that the Bible is a fairy tale. Let him dream about living with jebus.
I still have my grandfather's bible that he gave to me. I'll never forget what he said as he handed it to me - he said... "Read this. There is no other way to know the truth." He wasn't a believer, and I've never forgotten.
Maybe he gave it to you because he knew it was bullshit and just wants to see how gullible his grandchild is?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being atheist in the Bible Belt MyelinSheath 37 8906 January 23, 2017 at 5:01 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7016 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheist Bible book 1 genesis part 1 dyresand 41 12239 October 28, 2014 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Any tips on reading the bible for an atheist? rensou 49 10295 March 1, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  Reading the Bible made me an Atheist Cholley71 4 2962 August 3, 2013 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  An Atheist's Critique of the Bible Hughsie 7 4584 October 29, 2012 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Lion IRC