Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover?
Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover?
So the Muhammadans, when I say Muhammadans what I actually mean is the Fascists attempting to spread the cultural hegemony of the al-Saud family, have these scraps of paper which you can buy and the idea is you live them in public places for people to find and they include a Quran verse they have taken out of context on them. (Such as Quran 5:32 which actually only applies to the 'Children of Israel' but they would have you believe it applies to all of humanity because they are pathological lairs). The intention is to convert people, obviously, and they don't care how many lies it takes to convert someone, so long as they can added another number to their tally and score some brownie points.

So I was thinking maybe non-religious people can have their own business-like cards which they leave in public places showing how silly books such the Bible and the Quran are. The idea is the same but the intention is different. People will see a curious verse and they will want to investigate their religious book further. Let's be honest, most believers have never read the Quran in English and there are loads of people who claim to be Christian but that have never seriously read the Bible.

Thoughts?

Edit: I know this is technically littering. I'm not sure I like the idea of leaving paper lying around, but there are lots of people out there who need educating.

RE: Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover?
I am not for or against it. I will say theists should not get buthurt if atheists do it. Either we have a free market of ideas or we don't. For me personally, I don't like any type of add for even products blindsiding me. I get enough of that shit on my TV computer and mailbox. But, atheists still need to combat superstition at the same time so.

I certainly am for promoting at a minimum secular ideas, and the factual history of the founders purely from an academic sense. I do hate "under God" repeated in public schools knowing what Jefferson said about religion, knowing the oath of office, and things like the Barbary Treaty.

Outside that the internet is wide open and religion has no place to hide. And we certainly can post on all social media websites, as well as local media like newspaper ant TV as well as national media, and politicians websites. I can only say I don't like people knocking on my door even if they are selling a vacuum cleaner. But, I also wont tell other atheists not to do it. It is a comfort issue.
RE: Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover?
There are a lot of empty billboards in my area with only a number to call if you want to advertise.  One stretch of a major highway has 3 in a row that are all visible at the same time.  I have seriously considered purchasing the ad space to post an atheist/humanist or anti-theist message.  I'm not sure what the cost of such a thing would be and I'm certain it would be vandalized almost immediately here in the belt; but, it would be seen by a lot more people than a scrap of paper!
I think we should get a group together, somehow, that insures that Facebook and Instagram and Pinterest and - whatever media site is most popular with teens any given month - gets a regular diet of the best and most hilarious anti-religion memes.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I've seen similiar things like this around, I usually write something malicious on them hoping one you see it.
If it's slimey when they do it, would it be any less slimey if we do it?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:I will say theists should not get buthurt if atheists do it.

Theists get butthurt about everything.
*looks at OP's name... squints*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam owns atheism with a single verse Loaded dice 341 21154 August 6, 2023 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1932 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Scientists discover new form of matter in 2017. (The end of human suffering?) %mindless_detector% 17 5151 January 29, 2017 at 11:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Closing statements before leaving again for semester. Mystic 31 3841 January 6, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  If the bible/quran/whatever was better, would you've remained theist? A Handmaid 23 3594 September 14, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Does the Bible mention anything swarthy people? strawdawg 56 15597 November 30, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Leaving Church, Living True, A Liberating Feeling LivingNumbers6.626 2 1631 April 21, 2014 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Aisha
  Can Atheists and Religious people be one? Phatt Matt s 14 3833 March 28, 2014 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm not leaving until I convert someone. JesusLover1 226 31959 March 10, 2014 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Leaving indoctrination behind Joel 9 2628 March 23, 2013 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Minimalist