Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey ladies and gentlemen!
hey ladies and gentlemen!
   A New Atheist, I think.I'm not sure if it was seeing the doucmentary, Religulous, or if seeing a defendant on Judge Judy claim to be following the Lord Jesus Christ, while at the same time lying about her case. I really don't know what it was, but what I believe regarding God, and what Christians believe is not at all the same thing. To them, I would be an atheist. To most atheists, I'm not sure what they would consider me as, but here I am, and I hope this community suits me and I suit it.

Enough about me how about you?
RE: hey ladies and gentlemen!
Do you lack a belief in deities? If so, you are an atheist.

Welcome!
(July 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Do you lack a belief in deities? If so, you are an atheist.

Welcome!
I lack belief in them but something could be out there. Usually when I meet a Christian I ask them to pray for me or if I meet a witch doctor I asked her to cast a special spo positive spell on me lol.

that isn't an atheist style lol
(July 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Stringphone Samurai1 Wrote:
(July 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Do you lack a belief in deities? If so, you are an atheist.

Welcome!
I lack belief in them but something could be out there. Usually when I meet a Christian I ask them to pray for me or if I meet a witch doctor I asked her to cast a special spo positive spell on me lol.

But do you think it's more likely for god to exist or to not exist? If you choose the former, you're an atheist. Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Well, hello.

It's really very simple. Either you accept the notion of an invisible sky-daddy - any invisible sky-daddy, doesn't have to be this jesus shit - or you don't. Only you can decide.
(July 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Stringphone Samurai1 Wrote: I lack belief in them but something could be out there. Usually when I meet a Christian I ask them to pray for me or if I meet a witch doctor I asked her to cast a special spo positive spell on me lol.

But do you think it's more likely for god to exist or to not exist? If you choose the former, you're an atheist. Welcome
I believe I have no fucking clue one way or the other. A person can see God as a providential forCE Or , energy , or entity, not necessarily a daddy.

even if I felt there is no god, it doesn't make me an atheist. It could be agnostic. I have leanings towards deism which doesnt believe in a skydaddy
(July 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Stringphone Samurai1 Wrote:
(July 11, 2014 at 2:03 pm)Blackout Wrote: But do you think it's more likely for god to exist or to not exist? If you choose the former, you're an atheist. Welcome
I believe I have no fucking clue one way or the other. A person can see God as a providential forCE Or , energy , or entity, not necessarily a daddy.

even if I felt there is no god, it doesn't make me an atheist. It could be agnostic. I have leanings towards deism which doesnt believe in a skydaddy

Maybe an apatheist, or agnostic deist? Do you believe in supernatural entities?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You are either an agnostic atheist or you are an agnostic theist. There is no in between. Welcome.
(July 11, 2014 at 2:14 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 11, 2014 at 2:12 pm)Stringphone Samurai1 Wrote: I believe I have no fucking clue one way or the other. A person can see God as a providential forCE Or , energy , or entity, not necessarily a daddy.

Maybe an apatheist, or agnostic deist? Do you believe in supernatural entities?
Not strong beliefs but in a faltering skeptical way, YES
(July 11, 2014 at 2:26 pm)Stringphone Samurai1 Wrote: Not strong beliefs but in a faltering skeptical way, YES

Sounds like some sort of agnostic deism. You may come to realize as I have that deism is effectively atheism with poetic flourishes, at least insofar as its implications on how we behave and live this life.

Atheism, just to clarify what others have posted, is not the belief that "there is no god or gods" but rather the lack of a belief that there is one.

Agnosticism is about what someone admits they don't know.

Atheism is about what someone lacks a belief in.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3254 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1836 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 613 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2347 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2048 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am