Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost town
Ghost town
I kind of liked this movie but i found it weird that an atheist would star in a movie about ghosts.

I am on the line about ghosts.. I herd about weird things happening so I don't know.

RE: Ghost town
(July 23, 2014 at 7:29 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: I kind of liked this movie but i found it weird that an atheist would star in a movie about ghosts.

I am on the line about ghosts.. I herd about weird things happening so I don't know.

Why should it be weird that an atheist would be in a movie about ghosts? What's the problem in imagining a world where supernatural things are real and creating a fictionalized dramatization of that world for the sake of entertainment?

What I would have a problem with is if they started the movie claiming that it was based on true events.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(July 23, 2014 at 7:29 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: I kind of liked this movie but i found it weird that an atheist would star in a movie about ghosts.

I've seen films about gunfighters played by actors who never killed anyone. I've seen other films about astronauts portrayed by actors who wouldn't know space capsule from a capstan bar. *shrug*

If you're truly 'on the line about ghosts', you might need to read more books on critical thinking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 5ea7bdca0e380defbb39fcebc5ebaf042c2bc987...cd8646.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wokest TV shows in town Duty 22 1045 August 10, 2020 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Old Fart In Town. Brian37 36 2398 June 4, 2020 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4