Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wokest TV shows in town
The Wokest TV shows in town
I've just finished watching  The Twilight Zone 2020 season 2 (how very humble of the makers to not acknowledge the previous legendary series' - clue). Absolute trash TBH, plot/ideas and script wise, but what was really striking was how seemingly in virtually every episode there a stunningly intelligent/heroic/righteous black women (and men) and a pathetic/wicked/stupid white male. Wokey wokey woke woke. 

By the time I got to the penultimate episode, where for the first part the white male lead was being portrayed positively I was genuinely thinking "eh, WTFs going on?! He's a white male and being portrayed well!! I can't believe it....naah, surely not, he'll turn out to be evil, surely etc." I needn't spoil the episode, but needless to say lolz!

Some might ask why I continued watching it if I found it to be so totally crap - well, it shone stunningly bright for me in the "so bad it's good" stakes - loved it.  

I've already gone to town on The Orville (which I notice WON the 2018 Saturn award for best TV sci-fi series LOLZ) in a different thread about this stuff.

So those are my two top nominations - The Orville and The Twilight Zone 2020 season 2.

Any other contenders for the crown?
RE: The Wokest TV shows in town
Tried watching the first episode of the first season of the new Twilight Zone, but the first few minutes just bored me and I didn’t want to see if got better in an hour.

I have enjoyed The Orville so far, though.

I have seen a great many shows, but I don’t know what to consider woke.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Oh yeah, season 1 was utter rubbish and woke as fuck too, no doubt.
It hasn’t dropped yet, but Hulu have one coming up called ‘Woke’.

/thread

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 9, 2020 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It hasn’t dropped yet, but Hulu have one coming up called ‘Woke’.

/thread

Boru

Cool story Boru, however it must be repeated: never judge a book by it's cover. Flame on thread!
(August 9, 2020 at 6:58 am)Lawz Wrote:
(August 9, 2020 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It hasn’t dropped yet, but Hulu have one coming up called ‘Woke’.

/thread

Boru

Cool story Boru, however it must be repeated: never judge a book by it's cover. Flame on thread!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9223870/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

What's more woke than a show called 'Woke'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, I got that Boru...er, never judge a book by its cover? Would not a Rose...anyway, the thing is, a show which is loosely themed around the concept of wokeness is probably one of the LEAST likely of shows to espouse actual wokeness, and so is certainly far from guaranteed to be on of the wokest show in town.
Oh boy..

Just what we need.

Another bastardization of a perfectly servicable word for someone's catchphrase to a pet cause.

Jerkoff
Yeah I know the term isn't perfect for the subject matter but couldn't think of any kind of snappy way to say: systematic negative depictions of white men and positive depictions of black women and men in TV shows - the worst/best culprits?

Also, it ain't my pet cause, it's just dumb as fuck and frankly hilarious! Spectacular!
Yay whining about pretend white victimhood and shitting on black people as well ........Nice
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Old Fart In Town. Brian37 36 2389 June 4, 2020 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3430 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time Casca 14 1726 January 15, 2017 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2513 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  One of the best effing shows I have ever seen. Foxaèr 0 604 July 8, 2016 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Serious Western Cartoon Shows Mechaghostman2 2 997 November 19, 2015 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  What do you think of these shows? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 15 2621 July 26, 2015 at 5:11 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Ghost town atheist04330 3 687 July 23, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Things That Bug You in TV Shows My imaginary friend is GOD 16 3410 March 28, 2013 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: pocaracas