Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And nary a fucking ark to be seen....
And nary a fucking ark to be seen....
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/25/si...dinosaurs/

Quote:Siberian fossil discovery builds case for an age of feathered dinosaurs

Quote:The discovery of the fossilised remains of a creature that looks a little like a giant beak-less chicken has led scientists to a striking hypothesis: at one time all dinosaurs had feathers.

Researchers were aware that early flesh-eating dinosaurs had feathers, but the finding of the metre-long herbivore on a Siberian river bank has led experts to conclude that all dinosaurs from the Triassic period – more than 200m years ago – were feathered.

As dinosaurs evolved and in some cases developed armour, they lost the feathers, which were probably used for insulation and communication rather than flight.
RE: And nary a fucking ark to be seen....
No, BIRDS have feathers. Dinosaurs...oh...wait...

Never mind.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Just another missing link found.
We'll be finding things life this forever as there's literally billions of undiscovered fossils still buried everywhere.

What we won't find is bits of jebus or his dad or the ark.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Dude, like the grand canyon is totally proof of the arc and the flood. Like...why would there be a grand canyon?

On a more serious note, that finding is pretty awesome. I remember in fourth grade being absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs until my father told me I was checking out too many books from the library on dinosaurs at once. Haha

On a less serious note, I love chickens and I plan to eat some eggs tomorrow with cheese. Oh, I can't wait till morning.
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."
Why is it safe to say that all dinosaurs evolved starting out with feathers, from one archaeological find?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(July 25, 2014 at 4:25 am)ignoramus Wrote: Just another missing link found.
No, silly! Every time we find a link, it just means that now there are two missing links (the ones before and after the one they just found) instead of one. All of these missing links are just disproving evolution!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm)Luckie Wrote: Why is it safe to say that all dinosaurs evolved starting out with feathers, from one archaeological find?

Read carefully, Luckie.

Quote:The discovery of the fossilised remains of a creature that looks a little like a giant beak-less chicken has led scientists to a striking hypothesis: at one time all dinosaurs had feathers.

A hypothesis needs to be tested and proven - much as evolution has become a scientific theory by being repeatedly shown to be true ( sorry creatards, you lose!).
Ah. Very good then. I still don't get why they'd make that leap. And does that mean dinosaurs had feathers, evolved to have scales then re evolved feathers again? I feel like we'd be finding giant massively huge feather fossils everywhere if this were the case 0.O
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
By definition if the earliest dinosaurs had feathers then, at that point in time, ALL dinosaurs had feathers and evolved from there.
(August 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm)Luckie Wrote: Why is it safe to say that all dinosaurs evolved starting out with feathers, from one archaeological find?

I am not sure you would find much related to dinosaurs in any archeology find, unless you fell, hit your head, and are trying to make up shit to support xtain bullshit about there being dinosaurs on the ark.

Big Grin

The point is this. It is almost universally accepted that the term dinosaur encompass two different lineages of animals - saurischians and ornischians - that separated from each other at the very earliest stages of dinosaurian evolution.

It is now commonly accepted that many later saurischian dinosaurs had very bird like anatomical features, including feathers, and true birds were closely related to and probably evolved from a bird like saurischian dinosaur. But recent discovery suggests feathers also existed on dinosaurs of the other major branch, the ornischians.

Since the chance that morphologically very similar feathers would evolve twice, once In saurischians, once in ornischians, seem slim, the presence of feathers in both saurischian and ornischians branches of dinosaur family suggests feathers had been a feature of their common ancester, the very first dinosaur.

Here is a new view of bird evolution that is even more startling.

It is now commonly accepted that birds are evolved from dinosaurs, and are thus a kind of dinosaur. But some paleontologist, noting fossil evidence keeps pushing the date of first bird to evolve from dinosaurs further and further, and closer and closer to the very first dinosaur, and all dinosaurs family branches seem to have bird like characteristics, suggest we actually had it the other way around.

They suggest Dinosaurs did not predate birds and evolve into birds. Instead the first birds predated dinosaurs, and both families of dinosaurs represent descendants of flying birds that secondarily lost its flight capability and became fully adopted to terrestrial living.

If that view gains further support, it would be interesting and paradigm shifting.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Ham's Ark Debunked in One Picture Mechaghostman2 62 7666 August 16, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who Needs Fucking God Minimalist 1 710 May 30, 2016 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Simply Fucking Sad...Part 2 Cato 53 7558 February 25, 2014 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Simply Fucking Sad..... Minimalist 23 3880 February 19, 2014 at 9:39 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The Ark Strikes A Reef Minimalist 0 1094 December 9, 2010 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's Fucking Amazing Tiberius 30 12811 February 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13