Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on the controversial Stefan Molyneux?
Opinions on the controversial Stefan Molyneux?
So, I spent some time listening to Stefan Molyneux's videos, and a lot of his arguments and opinions are quite divisive. It seems that people either love him and everything he says, or they hate him down to his guts. I've only been able to find two mentions of his name here on this site, both by the same person, and neither in a primary context or topic.

So, what do you think about Stefan Molyneux's philosophical arguments and statements? I'd like some thoughts on his AnCap Libertarianism as well, but this isn't the politics section.
RE: Opinions on the controversial Stefan Molyneux?
First I've heard of him. AnCap seems to be fundamentally flawed, and technically, not libertarian. Libertarians advocate small government, not no government, no government is anarchism. Some anarchists call themselves libertarians, but there's a distinction.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
If you have heard of him, then what do you think of him?
Erm...'first I've heard of him' is an expression to indicate that I hadn't heard of him previous to your post.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Erm...'first I've heard of him' is an expression to indicate that I hadn't heard of him previous to your post.
Oh, sorry. It was rather ambiguous, could have been "This is the first time I've heard of him", or "First, I have heard of him and ..."
(July 25, 2014 at 2:15 pm)Endo Wrote:
(July 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Erm...'first I've heard of him' is an expression to indicate that I hadn't heard of him previous to your post.
Oh, sorry. It was rather ambiguous, could have been "This is the first time I've heard of him", or "First, I have heard of him and ..."

What about him do folks view as controversial? Like Mister Agenda I haven't seen anything from him either.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Well, there are plenty of people claiming he's running a cult based on his "Against me" argument and his general advocation of "Defoo"-ing. But based on the general responses and lack of discussion about him on this site, I'm going to assume that not many people in this community have thought much about him and his productions. Is that fair to say at this point?
(July 25, 2014 at 2:33 pm)Endo Wrote: Well, there are plenty of people claiming he's running a cult based on his "Against me" argument and his general advocation of "Defoo"-ing. But based on the general responses and lack of discussion about him on this site, I'm going to assume that not many people in this community have thought much about him and his productions. Is that fair to say at this point?

It's fair for me, not sure if the other folks are as ignorant as I am though.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Who's that? Not much of a 'controversial character' if i'm not stealing his material seeing references to him left and right.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controversial topic but... Macoleco 12 1975 September 29, 2019 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Stefan Molyneux paulpablo 7 2465 September 22, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The opinions of others BrokenQuill92 7 2337 January 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions thread's landfill dtango 115 33582 February 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions.. Skeptical_Nurse 166 61394 December 18, 2011 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Question Your Opinions! ib.me.ub 23 7694 June 12, 2010 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Purple Rabbit