Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinions!
Question 
Your Opinions!
Does a normal everyday persons opinion even mean anything?

In my opinion, which is a contradiction in itself, unless you are an expert on a subject, peer reviewed and published, your opinion will mean very little in the context of Human understanding....Untill this happens, can one's opinion be taken seriously?
RE: Your Opinions!
Only as an opinion
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Opinions mean fuck all unless they're backed up by valid evidence.

EvF
Your opinion is your understanding. It has to be based on something, and your education determines the quality of that opinion. Well presented facts are more than opinions, they're educational material.
Without peoples baseless opinions TV would have to fill air time with 'facts'

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 5, 2010 at 2:39 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Does a normal everyday persons opinion even mean anything?

In my opinion, which is a contradiction in itself, unless you are an expert on a subject, peer reviewed and published, your opinion will mean very little in the context of Human understanding....Untill this happens, can one's opinion be taken seriously?
Can you give your opinion on what the hell is Human Understanding?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
(June 5, 2010 at 4:24 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Opinions mean fuck all unless they're backed up by valid evidence.

EvF

Or....unless there are a lot of stupid people with the same opinion all voting the same way.

That....

[Image: bush-idiot.jpg]

can lead to trouble.
I have no opinion one way or the other.
(June 5, 2010 at 12:30 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I have no opinion one way or the other.
Is it your opinion there are two ways in this?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Well, he said it. If it's not his opinion then who's opinion do you think it is?

??

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on the controversial Stefan Molyneux? Endo 8 1867 July 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Violet
  The opinions of others BrokenQuill92 7 2337 January 9, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions thread's landfill dtango 115 33594 February 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Agnostic Atheism? Your opinions.. Skeptical_Nurse 166 61437 December 18, 2011 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Whateverist