Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-social PC gamers.
Anti-social PC gamers.
So when most people sit down and watch TV, a movie, read a book, sit on facebook or just browse the internet, I start up a video game and chat with some people as I do it. I've done it since I was like 12 years old. That said the game to me is only part of the fun, the other being playing alongside people and having a laugh.

Rant inside the hide tags

TL;DR PC gamers are assholes. Why is there nobody fun who plays more than once in a blue moon.
RE: Anti-social PC gamers.
Idk. I play an MMO called Town of Salem, and people are constantly calling towns stupid, whether they're really being stupid/lazy or not. Granted there are some stupid towns out there. I got killed once for accusing someone of killing a townie because serial killers automnatically kill people that try to block them. Yet when I brought that up, I got hanged.

Not everyone is that dumb, though. Part of the problem is obviously because they know you can't dope slap them for being assholes. I doubt they'd try the kind of things they'd try if they were in the same room as others.

It seems like every multiplayer game needs some kind of ignore feature just for the trolls. The term is usually Stop Having Fun Guy, or Scrub. People who play too seriously, or people who demand you play the game a certain way.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

On BF4 all I ever see is either "Hacker" or some misspelled insult. Those things don't bother me as much as not having any real community at all. I can deal with a few assholes but it seems like their aren't any friendly people to balance that out. Battlefield actually has a group nicknamed as battle-loggers who rarely ever play the game but sit in the battlefield forums doing giving each other abuse and moaning about the game. Its probably the closest thing to a community the game has.

At this point I'm beyond caring what game I play. I just want to find some active people who aren't assholes and play something.. anything.. I'm going to give till the end of the year when some new games come out, if I still can't find anyone I'm buying a new console..
The Neverwinter Nights persistent world crowd was a great community back in the day.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 28, 2014 at 3:34 pm)Insanity Wrote: if I still can't find anyone I'm buying a new console..

PS4... PS4... PS4!
I have a set group of highschool friends that I mmo with when in the season, and we are pretty closed off twinking our own toons for hard mode group material. A lot of gamers are asshole showing off their epeen or just fall into that mentality when they are playing. I'll grab a raiding guild now and then, and I find it annoying that the majority log on and are either silent or bragging about good they are and how much you suck. Then just log off as soon as the raid is over. Not too pleasant.

When I began Everquest, over a dozen years ago, the genre was fresh and new and incredibly difficult. The was no soloing unless you were a necromancer, and even then it was hard as hell. The high difficulty of it actually made the gamers very nice and friendly. I think because people relied on others to do just about everything it kept the community more pleasant. Nobody wanted to be blacklisted by the server for being annoying or purposely trying to get others killed when deleveling and strict xp climbs was on the table. The community in the early mmo days was a peaceful and awesome experience. Nowadays everything is nearly soloable and people don't need to worry about their reputation, because you can do it all by yourself so why not be an asshole? That's one theory anyway.
Video games are pretty poor for "socialization", IMO. Kinda like the internet.

I've met all my best friends in West Side Story-style choreographed knife fights.
It is annoying when you get a good party together, do a quest, and everyone leaves without thinking maybe they could do something else together. I like being able to solo, but it can get boring without people to group together. The problem with a game that's mostly soloable, though, is that not many people are looking for parties.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

If only you played with our little gang of misfits, and didn't have unbelievable lag when doing so.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I just got Missile Command™ for my Atari® 2600™

Eat your hearts out Tongue

[Image: Atari2600.jpg]
[Image: missile_command_red_pal_cart_2.jpg]

AMAZING graphics!!!!

[Image: A5200_Missile_Command.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Social distancing party ideas tackattack 15 1065 August 31, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 541 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why do pro-gamers spam hotkeys? Edwardo Piet 18 2423 January 13, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Need help from the experienced gamers Joods 123 8510 June 29, 2016 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Gamers "Facebook" wolf39us 0 541 August 2, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: wolf39us
  A question for you gamers Foxaèr 11 1970 June 21, 2014 at 7:41 am
Last Post: LostLocke