Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A poem I wrote last night
Star 
A poem I wrote last night
I wrote this poem last night. I'm a member of another site, where I posted it. ''You'' = ''God.''

I've been deconverted from Christianity for a while, and for some reason, I'm still hung up on all the wasted time I spent clinging to religion. Guess it takes time. I was a Christian for a lot longer than I've been an atheist.

Anyway-just sharing ...

All This Time

All this time
I spent chasing You
When I could've spent it
Chasing my dreams

All this time
I spent trusting in Your Word
When I could've spent it
Trusting my intuition

All this time
I spent in church
Waiting, praying, hoping
For You to show up

All this time
I spent on my knees
When I could've spent it
Dancing or swimming or something else

All this time
I spent feeling guilty
When I could've spent it
Planting a garden

All this time
I spent loving You
When I could've been
Loving myself
RE: A poem I wrote last night
Don't be sad!
He'll always be there for you if you every decide to have him back!
He'll never ever give up on you, all you have to do is whisper his name in a moment of despair
and he'll be the first one in your heart to comfort you!
Never forget, he is looking out for you even though you have abandoned him, that's his job.

Nah! just fucking with you matey!
You seem to still have some emotional attachment to "that" part of your life!
You DO know it's all bullshit, I hope!
There is no Jebus or skydaddy! I promise!
Who on earth are you talking to in your poem?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hey Deidre I liked your poem.
You have the rest of your life now to be free. Good for you.
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
That's the thing about god belief. You did have a relationship even though there was nothing out there relating back to you. I dare say your love was not returned and that never feels good. So deciding/realizing He isn't really out there is a real loss nonetheless. Some grieving/melancholy is to be expected. Our feelings and emotions are not hardwired to our rational minds the way we might wish them to be.
(July 30, 2014 at 7:31 am)ignoramus Wrote: Don't be sad!
He'll never ever give up on you, all you have to do is whisper his name in a moment of despair
Never forget, he is looking out for you even though you have abandoned him, that's his job.

lol I know. Writing has given me an outlet for some of the residue that's still left over, I guess.

And I'm talking to 'God,' in this poem. It's a facetious play on words. Wink

(July 30, 2014 at 9:30 am)vodkafan Wrote: Hey Deidre I liked your poem.

Thank you, I've been deconverted for a while, but...sometimes...every now and again, I find that I'm still angry over all the wasted time spent on religion in my life. :/ Thanks for your comment!

(July 30, 2014 at 11:01 am)whateverist Wrote: That's the thing about god belief. You did have a relationship even though there was nothing out there relating back to you. I dare say your love was not returned and that never feels good. So deciding/realizing He isn't really out there is a real loss nonetheless. Some grieving/melancholy is to be expected. Our feelings and emotions are not hardwired to our rational minds the way we might wish them to be.

This helped me a lot, thanks so much for taking the time to write it to me. And hopefully it can help others too, struggling with not the letting go of god part...I found that to be the easiest part once I reconciled that I no longer believed. It's letting go of my former self, and the anger over wasting 'all that time.'
A poem I wrote this morning:

'I'm going to have my eggs boiled.
I'd've have oatmeal, but the milk was spoiled.'

Exaunt to thunderous applause

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 30, 2014 at 7:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Exaunt to thunderous applause

Boru
[Image: cricket-meter-2.gif]
(July 30, 2014 at 7:25 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A poem I wrote this morning:

'I'm going to have my eggs boiled.
I'd've have oatmeal, but the milk was spoiled.'

Exaunt to thunderous applause

Boru

Clap

I happen to like oatmeal. Big Grin
(July 30, 2014 at 7:12 pm)Deidre32 Wrote:
(July 30, 2014 at 7:31 am)ignoramus Wrote: Don't be sad!

lol I know. Writing has given me an outlet for some of the residue that's still left over, I guess.

And I'm talking to 'God,' in this poem. It's a facetious play on words. Wink

(July 30, 2014 at 9:30 am)vodkafan Wrote: Hey Deidre I liked your poem.

Thank you, I've been deconverted for a while, but...sometimes...every now and again, I find that I'm still angry over all the wasted time spent on religion in my life. :/ Thanks for your comment!

(July 30, 2014 at 11:01 am)whateverist Wrote: That's the thing about god belief. You did have a relationship even though there was nothing out there relating back to you. I dare say your love was not returned and that never feels good. So deciding/realizing He isn't really out there is a real loss nonetheless. Some grieving/melancholy is to be expected. Our feelings and emotions are not hardwired to our rational minds the way we might wish them to be.

This helped me a lot, thanks so much for taking the time to write it to me. And hopefully it can help others too, struggling with not the letting go of god part...I found that to be the easiest part once I reconciled that I no longer believed. It's letting go of my former self, and the anger over wasting 'all that time.'

The best way to feel about it is to realise that all experiences are learning experiences.
You had to go through that to be where you are now ... A small price to pay for clarity of mind! (And no small furry animals got hurt in the process)
Well done.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Deidre32 ' Wrote: I happen to like oatmeal. Big Grin
A poem I wrote just now...

Oats are not a meal
Steak is rather the fare
I'd not dare chance to steal a meal
Of meat that was not rare

If meal is served with wine
And steak is served with beer
Then yeast, at least, is served with both
And both are there served here

In either event
I thus will dine
And meal shall be my meat

And if in this
I have some beer
Then wine shall be my solace

[Image: fingers-snapping-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Late Charlie Hebdo Editor Wrote About Islamophobia Days Before He Was Killed Mudhammam 1 1009 April 18, 2015 at 3:54 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  What was the last straw BlackSwordsman 21 2230 June 24, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  @#$! Christian's Say: Last post loses BlackSwordsman 3 1321 June 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BlackSwordsman
  Carl Sagans Last interview warning Gooders1002 1 1496 December 31, 2013 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  Christopher Hitchens - Last Public Appearance Woody68 0 1346 April 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Woody68
  Post YOUR atheist poem PyroManiac 1 991 March 23, 2013 at 1:39 am
Last Post: FragileTag
  Humanist Film night Tiberius 1 1772 December 5, 2008 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: lukec