Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Charlie Hebdo Editor Wrote About Islamophobia Days Before He Was Killed
Late Charlie Hebdo Editor Wrote About Islamophobia Days Before He Was Killed
Quote:Stéphane Charbonnier, the Charlie Hebdoeditor murdered in a terrorist attack in January,expressed his very strong feelings about standing up for his principles before he died, saying, “I prefer to die standing up than live on my knees.”

And now a book he completed mere days before his death has been released to the general public, with the title translated as Letters to the Swindlers of Islamophobia who play into the Hands of Racists.
He wrote about Muslims who think “caricaturing a jihadist in a ridiculous position insults Islam” and that “a drawing is more dangerous than an American drone.” Charb had some pretty strong thoughts on the idea of “Islamophobia,” calling it a misleading term that should be better replaced by “Muslimophobia” or “racism.”
Charb blamed the media for people “wet[ting] themselves” over mentions of Islamic terror and had this to say about the concept of fearing Islam:

“To be afraid of Islam is without a doubt moronic, absurd and many other things as well, but it’s not an offense. The problem isn’t the Koran, nor the Bible, [two] badly written, incoherent and soporific novels, but the believer who reads the Koran or the Bible like one reads an instruction manual on how to assemble an Ikea shelf.”
http://www.mediaite.com/online/late-char...as-killed/

I love that quote at the end. So true.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: Late Charlie Hebdo Editor Wrote About Islamophobia Days Before He Was Killed
(April 18, 2015 at 3:44 am)Nestor Wrote:
Quote:“To be afraid of Islam is without a doubt moronic, absurd and many other things as well, but it’s not an offense. The problem isn’t the Koran, nor the Bible, [two] badly written, incoherent and soporific novels, but the believer who reads the Koran or the Bible like one reads an instruction manual on how to assemble an Ikea shelf.”
And like an Ikea shelf you can never get it looking like the picture and there are pieces left over you just ignore.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A prayer before dinner Denverguy 48 6564 October 1, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2868 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Before I was born... Jehanne 12 1746 June 26, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14874 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2511 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Closing statements before leaving again for semester. Mystic 31 3864 January 6, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Has anyone heard this before? Socratic Meth Head 13 3160 March 30, 2016 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Long before Hitchens/Dawkins/Harris...... Brian37 3 1740 March 25, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Murder mystery: what killed Christianity in Europe? Razzle 50 8362 May 3, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: TheMessiah
Photo Charlie Hebdo responds to the 145 writers who protested their PEN award TheMessiah 1 898 May 3, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho