Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).
RE: I wish to feel superior to reality (atheism)
(July 31, 2014 at 7:03 pm)Mozart Link Wrote: I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

What drug are you using, because whatever it is I want to stay as far away from it as possible.
[Image: guilmon_evolution_by_davidgtm3-d4gb5rp.gif]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
(July 31, 2014 at 7:03 pm)Mozart Link Wrote: I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife.
...snip....

You fuck one goat, and you know what they call you? Goat fucker. Forever.

Hardly seems fair, but there it is.
Also, I already realize that fantasy is not real. But the feelings of pleasure from fantasy (only in terms of electrical activity in the brain), that is real. Me feeling that I'm a superior god-like being is not real, but just the feeling itself in terms of brain activity is real.
(July 31, 2014 at 7:03 pm)Mozart Link Wrote: I wish to feel superior to reality by embracing fantasy and feeling empowered by fantasy as well as through the delusion that there is a God and an afterlife. But my intelligence (atheism) has prevented me from being this person I want to be. Which is why I hate such intelligence and view fantasy and feelings of pleasure as superior. All that matters in life to me is embracing feelings of pleasure from god-like fantasy which would make me a mystical god-like being who is superior to reality (so to speak, not literally speaking). So all that matters to me is being a superior god-like being in a sense and ending all things inferior in my life. To me, struggles in life, depression, and the fact that there is no God or afterlife are all inferior things to me and must die. So by believing in a God and an afterlife, I would have "killed" this inferior concept of there being no God and afterlife in a sense (including any feelings of depression as well). Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (not in comparison to other people, but in comparison to myself and reality itself).

[Image: 2429761-9776863398-13862.jpg]
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I can't relate.

I care too much whether my beliefs are true, even at the expense of a pleasurable fantasy. That is enough of a reward for me.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
So (OP,) you want to believe something that you understand to be false. That's kinda silly. And kinda depressing.

I think you have the "Me, myself, and I are superior" to those that don't think like me part down pat
It's that warm happy fuzzy feeling which has turned the world religious.
You have to be strong willed and stubborn to be atheist.
The religious effects are real physiologically, they're just not based on anything real.

All those Islamics who want to kill every non believer is also real.
Is the delusion worth it? Not really.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

I wish to feel superior to reality by denying absolutely that there is anything out there greater than or beyond my own thoughts and intellect. All that matters to me is what is directly in front of me and what most suits my motives in any given situation. All that matters to me is being the smartest in the room and the quickest to make those I do not agree with (even though I have only the argument "didn't see it, didn't happen" in my arsenal) feel degraded and lesser than me. This is my morality - to beat everything I do not condone out of those around be because it bothers me to my core that they are not exactly like me. Admitting that there is a God would mean that I could never truly be this person because there would always be someone greater and this makes me feel deeply uncomfortable and unsatisfied with my own free-will, it disrupts the delusion of my own greatness. Feeling empowered and that I'm all great is the only thing that matters to me in life (compared to other people, and in comparison to myself and reality itself).
". . . let the atheists themselves choose a god. They will find only one divinity who ever uttered their isolation; only one religion in which God seemed for an instant to be an atheist." -G. K. Chesterton

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 42983 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2868 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5029 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4623 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  An atheists guide to reality StatCrux 143 46236 April 23, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Announced disproof of Reality strengthens the atheism cosmology 11 2353 December 31, 2017 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 922 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27111 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14333 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3579 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer