Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The theory of god! I don't think so.
The theory of god! I don't think so.
We have the theory of evolution, the theory of gravity, the theory of atomic structure, etc. (Science can call the study of these phenomena a theory even though they are treated as facts for all intents and purposes)

Why doesn't the bible have a disclaimer anywhere?
No theory, no hypothesis, not even a claim.

You know why? The same reason why face creams are sold as cosmetic products and not medicinal/therapeutic products. To be labelled as having medicinal value, they will need to pass many stringent tests. And they cannot pass, hence they are sold under another label. The bible is under no legal requirement to be "labelled" as anything because it is not passing itself as having any beneficial value, either phychological, emotional, physical or otherwise. It's a book, filed alphabetically in the book store as holy bible, after harry potter but before homer.
Harry potter is a lot of Hogwarts and the bible is a lot of hogwash.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: The theory of god! I don't think so.
Who's talking about a Theory of God? I don't think I've heard that one before...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(August 5, 2014 at 1:24 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: Who's talking about a Theory of God? I don't think I've heard that one before...

I just find it weird that most bodies of text which want to be taken seriously have some sort of qualification. The holy bible considered by some to be a significant text book on how to live our lives, should have had something!

What's the best we can get out of it?

The absurd claim of the "HOLY BIBLE"
The paranormal hypothesis of the "HOLY BIBLE"
?
?
The HOLY BIBLE, how to make enemies and influence people.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Feel like a good belly laugh? Read Below.

The Bible Is NOT a Theory!

Submitted by stevejs on Fri, 2014-02-14 09:55
in Bible Creation Evolution War of Worldviews

Unlike evil-oo-shun – which must be rethought, reshaped, and redesigned every few years – the Bible is not a theory. God dictated to Moses precisely what He did on each "evening and morning" day of Creation, and then He made sure that the genealogies from Adam on were included in the Bible so we would KNOW that the universe is some 6,000 years old, not millions or billions.

But some smart person decided one day that APPEARANCE = REALITY, and new extravagant ages began to be thrown about – first in hundreds of thousands of years, then millions of years, and then billions of years, as the atheists became bolder. If that rock at your feet APPEARS to be 100 million years old, then that rock MUST BE 100 million years old ... AND THE BIBLE IS WRONG. (Never forget that last conclusion, because that was ALWAYS their point.)

Come now, and let us reason together. At the exact instant when God first breathed life into Adam, how old did Adam APPEAR to be? 21? How old WAS he? A second, even if Adam had a scar on his knee from a childhood accident.

When God first fashioned Eve from Adam's rib, how old did she APPEAR to be? 18? How old WAS she? A second.

When Adam first opened his eyes, how old did the trees in the Garden APPEAR to be to him? 100 years? 200 years? How old WERE they? A second, even if Adam had chopped one down and counted 200 rings.

In Jesus' first New Testament miracle, how old did the fine aged wine APPEAR to be? Several years? How old WAS it? A second. And while we're at it, let's be clear about something else – He didn't turn the water into wine because water will NEVER turn into wine – not in a million years. No, Jesus CREATED wine where there had been only water because JESUS IS THE JOHN 1:1 "WORD".

They tell you that the light from that twinkling star took 100 billion years to reach us. What they don't realize is that God created the light BETWEEN here and there at the same time that He created both here and there. At the very second that He first spoke, God created a fully functioning universe with the APPEARANCE OF AGE.

It's one thing for atheists to try to disprove or discredit the Bible – that's what atheists do. It's something else altogether, however, when those in the church choose to believe the world over the Word and scramble to rethink, reshape, and redesign the Bible. People add to or subtract from the Bible at their eternal peril.

GOD SAID WHAT HE MEANT AND MEANT WHAT HE SAID!

Aiding and abetting those whose sole (or is it soul?) purpose is to try to prove that God doesn't exist and that the Bible is a lie is NOT a mission any Christian should pursue. God sees, and the Bible is NOT a theory!

Today’s guest blogger is Jimmie Douglas, a frequent contributor to our Facebook groups. “I’ve been a Creationist since the first time I read Genesis chapter 1,” he says. “Thankfully, I didn't have an Old Earth Creationist or Theistic Evolutionist around to ‘set me straight’!”
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I got it guys. The theory of god...

E=mc2.. and guess who created math and the laws of nature? gawd. There you go, the theory of god is sound. Frodo, Polaris and Revelation777 would approve.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Because scientific theory is a framework based on facts, the bible is not based on fact nor does it use any type of science.
(August 5, 2014 at 1:15 am)ignoramus Wrote: ...Science can call the study of these phenomena a theory even though they are treated as facts for all intents and purposes...
Just to be clear, Theories are not treated as facts, they are composed of facts. A Theory is 'an explanation which best fits the available facts/evidence'.
Sum ergo sum
There is no such thing as a god hypothesis or theory, just an idea without evidence. Despite theists saying god has been proven by science. I've heard a theist say 'what if I told you I believe in god not because I want to, but because science points that way?'
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(August 5, 2014 at 5:29 am)ignoramus Wrote: Feel like a good belly laugh? Read Below.

Submitted by stevejs on Fri, 2014-02-14 09:55
in Bible Creation Evolution War of Worldviews

Unlike evil-oo-shun – which must be rethought, reshaped, and redesigned every few years – the Bible is not a theory. God dictated to Moses precisely what He did on each "evening and morning" day of Creation, and then He made sure that the genealogies from Adam on were included in the Bible so we would KNOW that the universe is some 6,000 years old, not millions or billions.

But some smart person decided one day that APPEARANCE = REALITY, and new extravagant ages began to be thrown about – first in hundreds of thousands of years, then millions of years, and then billions of years, as the atheists became bolder. If that rock at your feet APPEARS to be 100 million years old, then that rock MUST BE 100 million years old ... AND THE BIBLE IS WRONG. (Never forget that last conclusion, because that was ALWAYS their point.)

Come now, and let us reason together. At the exact instant when God first breathed life into Adam, how old did Adam APPEAR to be? 21? How old WAS he? A second, even if Adam had a scar on his knee from a childhood accident.

When God first fashioned Eve from Adam's rib, how old did she APPEAR to be? 18? How old WAS she? A second.

When Adam first opened his eyes, how old did the trees in the Garden APPEAR to be to him? 100 years? 200 years? How old WERE they? A second, even if Adam had chopped one down and counted 200 rings.

In Jesus' first New Testament miracle, how old did the fine aged wine APPEAR to be? Several years? How old WAS it? A second. And while we're at it, let's be clear about something else – He didn't turn the water into wine because water will NEVER turn into wine – not in a million years. No, Jesus CREATED wine where there had been only water because JESUS IS THE JOHN 1:1 "WORD".

They tell you that the light from that twinkling star took 100 billion years to reach us. What they don't realize is that God created the light BETWEEN here and there at the same time that He created both here and there. At the very second that He first spoke, God created a fully functioning universe with the APPEARANCE OF AGE.

It's one thing for atheists to try to disprove or discredit the Bible – that's what atheists do. It's something else altogether, however, when those in the church choose to believe the world over the Word and scramble to rethink, reshape, and redesign the Bible. People add to or subtract from the Bible at their eternal peril.

GOD SAID WHAT HE MEANT AND MEANT WHAT HE SAID!

Aiding and abetting those whose sole (or is it soul?) purpose is to try to prove that God doesn't exist and that the Bible is a lie is NOT a mission any Christian should pursue. God sees, and the Bible is NOT a theory!

Today’s guest blogger is Jimmie Douglas, a frequent contributor to our Facebook groups. “I’ve been a Creationist since the first time I read Genesis chapter 1,” he says. “Thankfully, I didn't have an Old Earth Creationist or Theistic Evolutionist around to ‘set me straight’!”

I sense a poster in desperate need of trolling.

"God created a fully functioning universe with the APPEARANCE OF AGE"

I would fucking love to ask him how he can know this!
Then again, why stop there!

This guy must be born without a brain and his arse has evolved to fill the void.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theory to how "Moses Crossing the Sea" tale came from Woah0 0 582 August 14, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Woah0
  sim theory Drich 69 7286 May 28, 2020 at 10:07 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1360 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3437 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
Lightbulb Just a theory kbultra 60 7865 July 23, 2018 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ascribing remarkable experiences to God (spoiler: I think it's unwarranted) GrandizerII 2 686 December 5, 2017 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The theory of evolution HOAX pabsta 439 96718 October 23, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  A theory about Creationism leaders Lucanus 24 7009 October 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7737 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do you think of this argument for God? SuperSentient 140 18630 March 19, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79