Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spelling in thread titles
Spelling in thread titles
I know this is nit-picking, but spelling mistakes in thread titles are really irritating.

Is it possible for the mods to correct them?
RE: Spelling in thread titles
@Diablo
-Is it possible for the mods to correct them?
Is it possible for you to ignore them?
Also, hail, mein fellow grammar Nazi! Wie geht es?
It just irritates me, that's all. I can ignore mistakes in posts because I only read them once, but in titles they're there all the time.

I know the mods are busy people, though.

Ca va, mon ami.
@Diablo
Potentially magical button to change the appearance of a title for one user only required.

-Ca va, mon ami.
'Wiedersehen. Viele Küsse, und so...
What about mods who commit such infractions? Should they be fired?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
As punishment, they have to watch an episode of 700 Club.
(August 7, 2014 at 2:48 pm)c172 Wrote: What about mods who commit such infractions? Should they be fired?

Make them take the down elevator, I'll take care of them.
(August 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm)Diablo Wrote: I know this is nit-picking, but spelling mistakes in thread titles are really irritating.

Really? You want to ask the mods to go around correcting spelling errors for people who can't be bothered to spell check their own posts?

You do understand that the staff here are volunteers, yes?
I thought they were minions of the Dark Lord ?
(August 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm)Diablo Wrote: I know this is nit-picking, but spelling mistakes in thread titles are really irritating.

Really? You want to ask the mods to go around correcting spelling errors for people who can't be bothered to spell check their own posts?

You do understand that the staff here are volunteers, yes?

You don't have to be unpleasant about it, since I asked politely. I already pointed out that they're busy people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correcting spelling errors after you have posted? Figbash 13 1454 October 7, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Remove Vulgar Thread Titles Neo-Scholastic 191 17642 March 20, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Demand More Fucking Vulgarity In Thread Titles BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1621 March 16, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Impoveing Thread Titles with Details Neo-Scholastic 14 2622 November 27, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy