Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Vulgar Thread Titles
Remove Vulgar Thread Titles
It's one thing to see vulgarities in the posts within threads where people can choose whether or not to choose to participate and can respond directly to such language. I'm not trying to be prudish, but do I think it harms the forums to continue allowing vulgarities in thread titles. I suggest that it be made a rule to not allow blatantly offensive terms and vulgarities in thread titles.
RE: Remove Vulgar Thread Titles
No  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Oh, dear, you know what this means now? A slew of new threads purposely titled to be vulgar.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Indeedally so.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have never been fucking offended by any language on this forum. Some of the racists have offended me with their ideas but not individual words. I vote for more vulgarity!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Just speaking for myself, but I would not want to moderate vulgar thread title reports.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't think there's anyone on staff interested in drawing a line between vulgar and not.

Sorry.
Yeah, not going to move a muscle. What's next, you want the staff to make children for you too?
[Image: 417fdc969221b907abdc5e9f103454a6.jpg]

If I were on staff, I would delete any thread which did NOT contain vulgarity in the title.

Might be a crazy idea, but I think Min has earned some time to himself on the boards.  Tongue

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demand More Fucking Vulgarity In Thread Titles BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1615 March 16, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please remove the gender identifier. Pyrrho 48 7774 May 27, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Impoveing Thread Titles with Details Neo-Scholastic 14 2615 November 27, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Spelling in thread titles Diablo 98 11596 August 11, 2014 at 9:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Petition to remove the right-wing fascist, elitist, racist admin "Tiberius" Atheist Anarchist 96 27952 April 22, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Petition to remove the anarchist, elitist, annoying user "Atheist Anarchist" R-e-n-n-a-t 16 7179 April 1, 2012 at 11:57 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Remove EvidenceVsFaith Bef 61 30565 June 11, 2009 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Darwinian