Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correcting spelling errors after you have posted?
Correcting spelling errors after you have posted?
I have a spelling error in a post and it is driving me crazy. lol

Is there a way to edit? I don't see an edit button.
RE: Correcting spelling errors after you have posted?
You have 2 hours after you make a post to edit it. After that, you’d have to contact a staff member; but they generally only make changes in extreme situations, so I’m afraid you will be stuck with spelling mistakes!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I know, it ducks.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
(October 6, 2018 at 7:15 am)Figbash Wrote: I have a spelling error in a post and it is driving me crazy. lol

Yes, there is an edit button. After you post, look at the bottom right of the screen.  Click edit.  Edit post.  Update post.  Impress people with your perfect spilling.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have the best spelling among users here.
[Image: 29398aa9e2692060525fa4cc52ea68f6.jpg]
[Image: aa4ca59150bbaf4eb1af83e95bb488e0.jpg]
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(October 6, 2018 at 7:15 am)Figbash Wrote: I have a spelling error in a post and it is driving me crazy. lol

With this particular website it does allow you to edit after posting, but it it is still at time frame issue. Leave an error long enough you cannot change it. 

There should be edit option buttons after your post you can click on to correct. 

Other social media, like Facebook is great at letting you edit your submitted post after the fact. Twitter is fucking horrible because the only thing you can do is delete the tweet after the fact.
There is a preview post button that you can use to proofread your work before submitting it.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 7, 2018 at 1:32 am)Joods Wrote: There is a preview post button that you can use to proofread your work before submitting it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Except for grammar Nazis. Tongue
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My posts disappearing after I submit them Aegon 4 1437 February 13, 2016 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Spelling in thread titles Diablo 98 11529 August 11, 2014 at 9:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can we get a someone posted before you warning? Paul the Human 20 6531 May 1, 2010 at 6:13 am
Last Post: leo-rcc