Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morality
Morality
As William Lane Craig says without an absolute authority in the universe atheists have no reason to follow any set line of morals.
It's scary really, thank God for the police and the law stopping countless Godless people from doing heinous things.
RE: Morality
(August 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm)Thinking Christian Wrote: thank God for the police
I prophesy a short stay for you here on AF.
It's scary really, thank gawd for the mods who stop the obvious trolls like you from shitting all over the forums.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 11, 2014 at 6:01 pm)oukoida Wrote: It's scary really, thank gawd for the mods who stop the obvious trolls like you from shitting all over the forums.

So you're saying Doctor William Lane Craig is just a "troll"?
(August 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm)Thinking Christian Wrote: As William Lane Craig says without an absolute authority in the universe atheists have no reason to follow any set line of morals.
It's scary really, thank God for the police and the law stopping countless Godless people from doing heinous things.
And what I understand, from reading this, is that if you didn't have an absolute authority dictating your every moral decision, you'd be out doing what the hell you like to others with no care for the consequences. That's not morality, that's blind-obedience at best, psychotic sociopathy at worst.

Globally, non-religious people are the most under-represented population of law-breakers. The facts show that you're lying.
Sum ergo sum
(August 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(August 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm)Thinking Christian Wrote: thank God for the police
I prophesy a short stay for you here on AF.
6 minutes! I AM GOOD! Cool Shades
Thank God for quick-acting troll-killing Mods.
(August 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm)Thinking Christian Wrote:
(August 11, 2014 at 6:01 pm)oukoida Wrote: It's scary really, thank gawd for the mods who stop the obvious trolls like you from shitting all over the forums.

So you're saying Doctor William Lane Craig is just a "troll"?

He's also a liar and a conman.

Oh, but who am I talking to... Goodbye, it was nice having you banned in 6 minutes. I think you broke a record or something
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(August 11, 2014 at 5:59 pm)ShaMan Wrote: I prophesy a short stay for you here on AF.
6 minutes! I AM GOOD! Cool Shades

Christians base their beliefs on far shakier and vague predictions, to be certain.
(August 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm)Thinking Christian Wrote: So you're saying Doctor William Lane Craig is just a "troll"?

Yes. And so were you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morality Kingpin 101 5738 May 31, 2023 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Case for Inherent Morality JohnJubinsky 66 6344 June 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Morality without God Superjock 102 8891 June 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Morality Agnostico 337 36866 January 30, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Developing systems of morality, outside of religious influence. Kookaburra 28 4185 March 20, 2018 at 1:27 am
Last Post: haig
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160379 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
Video The Married Atheist vid: Morality from science? robvalue 5 2025 March 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does religion corrupt morality? Whateverist 95 25269 September 7, 2015 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Morality is like a religion Detective L Ryuzaki 29 7724 August 30, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: strawdawg
  thoughts on morality Kingpin 16 5977 July 29, 2015 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Pyrrho