Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breeding like rabbits
breeding like rabbits
Why are people who can't stop having kids usually more religious than the general population (even in the middle east), what does science say about that?

And what groups in your country can't stop having kids?

Is this the right place to post this?
RE: breeding like rabbits
(August 14, 2014 at 8:36 am)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: Why are people who can't stop having kids usually more religious than the general population (even in the middle east), what does science say about that?

And what groups in your country can't stop having kids?

Is this the right place to post this?

I think you got it the wrong way round. It's not that people who can't stop having kids are more religious, it's the religion itself that tells them to have more kids. There are plenty of sects and doctrines that emphasize large families (generally dating back to the days when a tribe's survival depended upon having lots and lots of kids), such as the Quiverfull Movement in the US or anti-contraception ideas in the Catholic church.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
My brother's teacher told them that contraception is immoral (they didn't take her seriously), the problem is his school was supposed to be better than the one I've been to, our biology teacher there was "scientific" albeit religious (I think). When I moved to his school the teacher just read the textbook. (oh how love moaning).
I don't see anything wrong with breeding like rabbits. I contempt that saying, and would like it to re-read: Breeding like Catholics.

Apparently I read in Iran, they are told how many kids to have and its like 5-6. Which is, ridiculous by first world standards..
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
- Poorer countries tend to be more religious

- Religious people are far more conservative, specially if there's a predominant fundamentalist doctrine and the form of government is a theocracy

- Therefore, not only will these people be against contraception, but they'll also have lots of kids because they may see procreation as a commandment by god. Having kids also means, in poorer countries, a mean to get more income. Abortion is also a sin, so that means more children will be born

A curious fact, here in Portugal I have noticed that even with the option to abort free of charges, poorer people from social neighbourhoods are the ones who have more kids even if they can't provide for them (this is also a way to gain massive pensions from the state, more than 3 kids will give you a tremendous amount until they are grown ups). Very curious. And then we complain the lack of young people because of financial crisis, sounds incoherent.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(August 14, 2014 at 9:41 am)Luckie Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with breeding like rabbits. I contempt that saying, and would like it to re-read: Breeding like Catholics.

Apparently I read in Iran, they are told how many kids to have and its like 5-6. Which is, ridiculous by first world standards..

I have four siblings, what's wrong with that?Undecided
My brother's friend has at least 15 siblings (and check the saud royal family).Confused Fall
There's a correlation between poverty and family size, and a correlation between poverty and level of education, and a correlation between poverty, level of education, and religiosity. Maybe "religious" people are having more children not -because- they are religious, but because it is an effective strategy if you are poor and/or uneducated? That the strategy of the masses lines up with the doctrine of any religious body essentially comprised of the masses wouldn't really be all that surprising. Churches need bodies like life needs bodies-and for similar reasons.

Of course, there would be exceptions, lol. I have 5 kids; and I am not poor, uneducated, or religious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nothing wrong with that in itself sir. It would depend upon where you live and whether your family was able to support you without due harm to themselves and their ability for financial longevity after having raised you and gotten all four of you (who wanted to go) through college.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Setting any financial barriers to entry on children is effectively claiming that the poor should just hurry up and die off as a genetic lineage. Just wanted to put that out there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 14, 2014 at 9:41 am)Luckie Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with breeding like rabbits. I contempt that saying, and would like it to re-read: Breeding like Catholics.

But man, is it fun to try keeping up like that.