Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists can I be wrong?
Atheists can I be wrong?
Thanks. Then you can too. I guess we will see in the end. :Razz: move along.

This thread is intended to satirize 2 others. Any resemblance to an actual thread is marginally intended.
ROFLOL
RE: Atheists can I be wrong?
Pointless thread is pointless
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
We already know we can be wrong. Realizing that often leads a previously religious person to become an atheist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(August 14, 2014 at 11:47 am)Drich Wrote: Thanks. Then you can too.

Oh thank gawd! Then we can both agree to dispense with the senseless proselytizing? Very good. Go as wrong as you please but this lemming doesn't choose to follow you over that cliff.

Very true, and the best way to properly ascertain truth is the scientific method and assessing the evidence.
Got any evidence?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

We are aware we could be wrong. Very few atheists claim to be absolutely certain that a god or gods do not exist.

The thing is, at least we have a method to evaluate whether our beliefs are true, or at least likely to be true.

Your method is incredibly susceptible to confirmation bias and wishful thinking.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(August 14, 2014 at 1:04 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:

We are aware we could be wrong. Very few atheists claim to be absolutely certain that a god or gods do not exist.

The thing is, at least we have a method to evaluate whether our beliefs are true, or at least likely to be true.

Your method is incredibly susceptible to confirmation bias and wishful thinking.

Damn, you said what I meant to say better than me.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Actually no, for a bog standard Agnostic Atheist we have made no claims, so we cannot be wrong. (If we were to claim that No Gods exist then yes we could be shown to be wrong).

Why is it so difficult???
Drippy, your problem is that you are never right.
Thanks for the newsflash, but I was once married ... I heard how wrong I could be most days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9427 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2734 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3935 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians. Could you be wrong? Rob_W75 888 127136 September 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: C4RM5
  Christians, may I be wrong? Whateverist 19 3059 August 18, 2014 at 4:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  is this wrong critmass235 37 4976 July 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So is rape reeeally wrong? Jacob(smooth) 54 5386 June 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things RobbyPants 29 7316 April 17, 2014 at 10:15 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Lets compile a list of everything wrong with christ-insanity heathendegenerate 176 32853 March 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: max-greece