Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:00 pm

Poll: Should we allow Pandas to go extinct?
This poll is closed.
Yes
36.84%
7 36.84%
No
63.16%
12 63.16%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we allow Pandas to go extinct?
Should we allow Pandas to go extinct?
Are they too expensive to save? And should the millions upon millions of pounds/dollars spend on their conservation be spend on protecting habits of other endangered species, that are more practical and realistic for us to protect?
RE: Should we allow Pandas to go extinct?
To me this a black and white issue.
We should protect all endangered species. Look what happened to the unicorns, thanks to that moron Noah!
I had to do an essay on this in a bullshit "General Studies" A-level exam. I decided to lighten the examiner's day by taking the stance that pandas should die out because it is confusing for Fiat drivers.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Yea General studies is a joke.

I think it is realistic to save the panda. We've brought back species that were far more endangered than pandas. They aren't exactly that difficult to look after, the only thing they eat is bamboo. And bamboo grows ridiculously fast.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Let's just selectively breed grizzly bears with dark patches around their eyes and call it even, eh?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 14, 2014 at 5:35 pm)ShaMan Wrote: To me this a black and white issue.

ROFLOL
If they die out then future generations will not be able to enjoy cute panda gifs. What kind of immoral asshole would agree to such a thing?

[Image: tumblr_mpsbt23eO01s65dm8o2_400.gif]
[Image: cute-panda-o.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
When you come to accept that the value of money is a figment of your imagination designed to represent a determined value of an object for trade, you just won't care any more about "expense".

Save the cute little fuckers.
So a little bit of research and I found out that giant panda's numbers are increasing in the wild. Apparently the high costs associated with them deal with keeping and breeding Pandas that are in captivity. The cost of saving them in the wild should be no more than the cost of preserving their natural habitat, which shouldn't be more than any other species. So if the question about whether or not Zoos should spend so much on their Panda programs is different than whether or not we (or the Chinese government) should preserve wild Pandas. I think they are worth keeping in the wild.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your stance on bringing back extinct species? Fake Messiah 80 2297 March 12, 2024 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  Without rape, most animal species would go extinct Alexmahone 34 4409 May 25, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Strep Throat in Kids/PANDAS brewer 4 1865 June 16, 2017 at 8:35 am
Last Post: brewer
  The ethics of cloning extinct animals BrokenQuill92 36 7189 June 20, 2014 at 11:11 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Extinct Species Styper 26 12797 April 8, 2012 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
Sad Official: Black Rhino declared extinct. Blam! 28 8370 November 14, 2011 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Milky Tea