Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Without rape, most animal species would go extinct
Without rape, most animal species would go extinct
Firstly, I'd like to state that I'm not in favour of legalizing rape. This is just food for thought.

My guess is that lots of progeny born in the animal kingdom are products of rape. It's just statistically unlikely that a male and a female would both want to have sex with each other at the same time. And in other animals, sex (consensual or rape) has a high potential of leading to childbirth. Indeed, I have a theory (correct me if I'm wrong) that our sex organs have been designed by evolution so that the male can rape the  female.

So it remains how we deal with rape in other animals like dogs. If we could somehow prevent dogs from raping each other, should we? Mightn't that lead them to become extinct?

Like I said, this is just food for thought.
RE: Without rape, most animal species would go extinct
I know some people like to pretend there are no differences between humans and other animals.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(May 23, 2018 at 4:13 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Firstly, I'd like to state that I'm not in favour of legalizing rape. This is just food for thought.

My guess is that lots of progeny born in the animal kingdom are products of rape. It's just statistically unlikely that a male and a female would both want to have sex with each other at the same time. And in other animals, sex (consensual or rape) has a high potential of leading to childbirth. Indeed, I have a theory (correct me if I'm wrong) that our sex organs have been designed by evolution so that the male can rape the  female.

So it remains how we deal with rape in other animals like dogs. If we could somehow prevent dogs from raping each other, should we? Mightn't that lead them to become extinct?

Umm no sex is not the same as rape and plenty of species don't engage in rape .

No ones pretending anything .A naturalistic fallacy is just that .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 23, 2018 at 4:13 pm)Alexmahone Wrote:  It's just statistically unlikely that a male and a female would both want to have sex with each other at the same time. 

I suppose I can see why some people™ might think that..but, I confess..I;ve never had any trouble syncing up with the ladies on this count.......... Confused
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
OP: I disagree. Unless the female is receptive most copulation does not take place.

In some species the male is lucky to get a one, then he's done.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
So, you're saying more people should rape animals...?

Well, there IS this cute horse up the road, but everytime I ask him out he says "neigh!"
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 23, 2018 at 4:13 pm)Alexmahone Wrote: Firstly, I'd like to state that I'm not in favour of legalizing rape. This is just food for thought.

You are full of shit.

It is common in sexually reproducing animal for the sex which would invest more energy and resource into reproductive or offspring raising process to use behavior or chemical means to signal its receptivity to sex.   The sex with less need for invest would the be triggered by those signals to engage in courtship or mating contest.

Unlike humans, animals typically aren’t fat, lazy and lecherous and have spare corn fed energy to burn to force sex on the opposite sex when the opposite sex isn’t prepared to reward the sexual act with transmission of genes to the offspring.
(May 23, 2018 at 4:50 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: So, you're saying more people should rape animals...?

Well, there IS this cute horse up the road, but everytime I ask him out he says "neigh!"

If I show up with a bucket of oats it's called barter.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Every time I hear Nine!, I give it to him nine times. He seems to be enjoying it even though he cries all the time.
If you've ever seen a male dog try to get lucky with a female that isn't in heat you'd know that it rarely ends well, Alex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your stance on bringing back extinct species? Fake Messiah 80 2311 March 12, 2024 at 8:50 am
Last Post: brewer
  New human species discovered in the Phillipines downbeatplumb 5 638 April 13, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Animal Experts....... Brian37 29 1428 December 30, 2018 at 11:32 am
  Bumblebee officially added to endangered species list Foxaèr 13 1328 July 3, 2018 at 3:06 pm
  47 days (!!!) without a poo, OMFG . . . . vorlon13 14 1129 March 10, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Strange troglodyte species found in Turkmenistan cave Foxaèr 4 851 September 26, 2017 at 7:18 am
  New Species Found in Oregon brewer 31 6281 February 11, 2016 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Do you think we could/will ever have two dominant[prime] species? Heat 11 3313 November 21, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Remains of new human species found ignoramus 32 6571 September 10, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Is there enough time for SPECIATION for million species drkfuture 11 6111 July 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Alex K