Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sinless Jesus has Sinned!!
The Sinless Jesus has Sinned!!
There are some quotes from the bible on the internet about Jesus breaking some of the 613 rules in the old testament. Some may argue this, and some may say that he abolished those rules he broke. I found this quote and couldn't find anyone else talking about it on the internet, so I'll share it with you.(I'm sure some of have thought of this)

Matthew 16:22-23 22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,"Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Jesus calls one of his best friends, satan. He calls him the most evil, heinous, and most vile thing someone could ever call someone else in their belief system. He could have been more polite, in my opinion.

Jesus, also says this to his followers: Luke 14:25-26
25Now large crowds were going along with Him; and He turned and said to them, 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Preach on Preachuuhhh!!

I have seen other evil and dangerous things Jesus has said in the gospels, does any one else care to name a few? Or maybe you care to give some input on these quotes.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens- My Hero
RE: The Sinless Jesus has Sinned!!
(August 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm)Eel_LahjicK Wrote: Matthew 16:22-23 22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" 23 Jesus turned and said to Peter,"Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."
Jesus was addressing Peter's mindset, and pointing out that he had in mind not the things of god, but rather the things of [sinful] man. He was not calling Peter himself the devil, but rather his line of thought as ungodly.
(August 17, 2014 at 2:55 pm)Eel_LahjicK Wrote: Jesus, also says this to his followers: Luke 14:25-26
25Now large crowds were going along with Him; and He turned and said to them, 26"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.
Again, Jesus addresses the mindset of mankind. In our [sinful] nature as man[kind], we think of worldly things as being more important than the things that matter most to god, like obedience and fraternity.
(August 17, 2014 at 3:04 pm)ShaMan Wrote: we think of worldly things as being more important than the things that matter most to god, like obedience and fraternity.
I know right, what kind of dick thinks about food and shelter before obediance? Wink Shades
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So I'm supposed to love my neighbor and my enemy as myself, but I'm supposed to hate myself. That's confusing.

It is an unfortunate fact that sin isn't really doing bad things. It's disobeying Yahweh. That's why we can safely say Yahweh and Jesus never sinned, even if we disagree with what they say or do. Of course being sinless doesn't mean you're always good and right, even if Yahweh/Jesus like to equate sin with evil, and obedience to good.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Bah. Its heavily implied in the scriptures that Satan was running around possessing everyone and their dog to tempt Jesus to abort.

In any case, its not possible for Jesus to sin because sin is any act considered to be a transgression against divine law, i.e. god.

Who do you think is the almighty a-hole who set up the divine law in the first place?

Its like saying "Sin is any act, that is contrary to Welshcake's nature", as far as I'm concerned you're all sinners. But I can never sin against myself. I can never do anything that is not against me.

Hence why "divine law" and "sin".... IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS. >:C
(August 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Bah. Its heavily implied in the scriptures that Satan was running around possessing everyone and their dog to tempt Jesus to abort.

In any case, its not possible for Jesus to sin because sin is any act considered to be a transgression against divine law, i.e. god.

Who do you think is the almighty a-hole who set up the divine law in the first place?

Its like saying "Sin is any act, that is contrary to Welshcake's nature", as far as I'm concerned you're all sinners. But I can never sin against myself. I can never do anything that is not against me.

Hence why "divine law" and "sin".... IS A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS. >:C

True. True. God can't do wrong.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens- My Hero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus has risen! Gawdzilla Sama 41 4221 April 21, 2019 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13184 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard