Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:02 pm

Poll: Atheism...where do you fit in?
This poll is closed.
Atheist - No God/s, nothing supernatural about our world.
59.26%
16 59.26%
Atheist - No God/s, but something possibly supernatural about our world.
11.11%
3 11.11%
Atheist Religious - I don't believe in God/s but practice Buddhism, Taoism, etc.
3.70%
1 3.70%
Agnostic Atheist - The atheists are probably right, but we don't know everything under the sun.
14.81%
4 14.81%
Agnostic Believer - I believe in God, but have doubts.
0%
0 0%
Believer - No doubt...there is a God.
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism...where do you fit in?

Just a note:

Atheist - No God/s, but something possibly supernatural about our world. - is for someone more atheist than agnostic.

Agnostic Atheist - The atheists are probably right, but we don't know everything under the sun. - is for someone more agnostic than atheist.

Agnostic Believer - I believe in God, but have doubts. - is for someone that is in a God/s based religion and has doubts.
RE: Atheism...where do you fit in?
Agnostic atheists are atheists. Its the most common form of atheism. You worded it as though agnostic atheists aren't atheists. I'm not sure if you know what agnosticism / gnosticism is.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Hrm... neither one of those definitions is even remotely correct... So I'll pass.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
jughead, agnosticism and atheism are not mutually exclusive terms, you can be both as agnosticism is a statement about what you know whereas atheism is a statement of what you believe.

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(August 18, 2014 at 8:12 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Agnostic atheists are atheists. Its the most common form of atheism. You worded it as though agnostic atheists aren't atheists. I'm not sure if you know what agnosticism / gnosticism is.

Well, I tried to make the choices broad to fit many beliefs.
No label. No need.
(August 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: jughead, agnosticism and atheism are not mutually exclusive terms, you can be both as agnosticism is a statement about what you know whereas atheism is a statement of what you believe.

None us know anything, so we are all agnostics. If that is the case, we can say we don't believe in God, but really we don't know, as we are agnostics.
(August 18, 2014 at 8:19 pm)jughead Wrote: None us know anything, so we are all agnostics. If that is the case, we can say we don't believe in God, but really we don't know, as we are agnostics.

Sorry, should have been clearer.
Agnosticism is a statement of what you claim to know and atheism is a statement of what you claim to believe.

But yes, essentially no-body knows anything about god other than what is in the bible.

(August 18, 2014 at 8:12 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Hrm... neither one of those definitions is even remotely correct... So I'll pass.

Just pick what is closest. Seldom are life's choices perfect. You can vote and qualify your vote here to explain your position better.

Overthinkers can get paralyzed and end up doing nothing. Someday you life may depend on a fast decision based on the best fit scenario.
It's gone too far this time. The Dream must be rectified.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27120 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ended up having to get fit and then your reggiechasteen 1 956 May 8, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12476 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12151 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10480 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12006 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38083 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack