Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CVA Friend Banned As Known Spammer
CVA Friend Banned As Known Spammer
I am posting this question on behave of Tootse, a fairly active member at the CVA forum. Here is the thread where she says she joined this forum on 1-12 and she received a ban message:

The second post on the page

She would like to know why. Would she still be allowed to join? It says that the ban will never be lifted.
Live and love life

[Image: KnightBanner.png]
Liberty and justice for all
RE: CVA Friend Banned As Known Spammer
Did she use the same name? I'll reverse the ban.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Ban has been lifted.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
She was banned because her IP matched that of known spammers. It was evidently a false-positive. I've removed her from the list at http://stopforumspam.com and I send my apologies to her Big Grin
Thank you! I shall let her know now.

I like that this forum has a solid system in place. Though no system is perfect, I commend this forum for its "cleanliness."

At the same time, I wonder if other people end up having this problem? With so many users who register, I realize it is impractical, if not impossible, to distinguish from spammers and actual potential members/contributors.
Live and love life

[Image: KnightBanner.png]
Liberty and justice for all
Could you send a message back to blocked users as a double check?
(January 19, 2010 at 10:34 am)Tiberius Wrote: She was banned because her IP matched that of known spammers. It was evidently a false-positive. I've removed her from the list at http://stopforumspam.com and I send my apologies to her Big Grin

Good. The system works.

Toots is good people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday to Banned Members? Jehanne 5 1212 May 20, 2020 at 6:53 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Old friend wants to get back on this site... Brian37 12 2893 July 23, 2019 at 2:27 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Can we seriously change this "User formerly known as" bollocks? Napoléon 59 6812 November 6, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can donors be banned? EgoRaptor 88 12399 February 26, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Violet
  The Germans Are Coming banned? FallentoReason 48 14431 June 19, 2013 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  A_Nony_Mouse has been banned frz 52 15842 May 15, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Why Was I Banned? BGChuckLee 200 44605 February 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  So when are you getting banned? Napoléon 141 55818 April 3, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  What is preaching and why is it banned fr0d0 24 8360 October 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  G-mark banned? Giff 1 2295 May 23, 2009 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki