Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Facts That You Know
Interesting Facts That You Know
I'll start.

Queen is the best band in the world.

Next.
RE: Interesting Facts That You Know
Starting a fact thread with a subjective opinion is dubious.
I know how many fingers I'm holding up right now.

...and where they've been. Naughty
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 28, 2014 at 2:06 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I'll start.

Next.

Shouldn't that be:

Queen was the best band in the world?
Or is F. Mercury not still dead?
I'd say Queen were a great band - But it is overrated to claim they are the best band ever Tongue

I'd pick Led Zep - I'm not saying they were the best of all time, but I prefer them to Queen.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(August 28, 2014 at 2:23 pm)Blackout Wrote: it is overrated to claim they are the best band ever Tongue

Negative. Only the Beatles have that honor. I still find Queen kinda underrated in the states.
I'm sorry, where are the facts?
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Here's a cool fact: The Sun contains 99.85% of all the matter in our solar system.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(August 28, 2014 at 4:32 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Here's a cool fact: The Sun contains 99.85% of all the matter in our solar system.
That ain't cool, the sun's hot.
Does that include dark matter? Or grey matter? Are you being matter-of-fact?
(August 28, 2014 at 2:06 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I'll start.

Next.

There are academic studies into how much cow farts contribute to rising CO2 emissions.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3655 195695 3 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know? Ryn 2 318 July 4, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: weaponoffreedom
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 678 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Interesting FACTS Cod 37 2726 October 29, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Do I know you? Losty 16 1273 October 21, 2019 at 5:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 847 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Ten Facts... The Valkyrie 234 16403 December 4, 2018 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5932 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I know something you don't know... Jackalope 98 17300 April 22, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie