Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerts.
Concerts.
If you could go to any concert whether it's happened already, it is scheduled to happen or never occurred but should have, what would it be?
"Yes, I am a Free Lover. I have an inalienable, constitutional and natural right to love whom I may, to love as long or as short a period as I can; to change that love every day if I please, and with that right neither you nor any law you can frame have any right to interfere. And I have the further right to demand a free and unrestricted exercise of that right, and it is your duty not only to accord it, but as a community, to see I am protected in it. I trust that I am fully understood, for I mean just that, and nothing else."
— Victoria Woodhull, “And the truth shall make you free,” a speech on the principles of social freedom, 1871
RE: Concerts.
Probably the Beatles rooftop concert. Or any Beatles concert.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Beatles in a Hamburg strip club would have been quite awesome.
Beatles, Queen, Zep, Blind Melon, Nirvana, Jimi, the Who...

I'm too late for all of them Sad
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY
I would have enjoyed seeing Manson when he first broke out and was getting banned here, there and everywhere. GNR and the original line up would have been killer, and Nirvana and Queen would have been awesome too.

(September 6, 2014 at 5:13 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Beatles, Queen, Zep, Blind Melon, Nirvana, Jimi, the Who...

I'm too late for all of them Sad

That's the worst. Wanting too see bands that are now impossible to see, or have replaced so many band members they're not even the same band anymore.
Pink Floyd in Hyde Park.

Hendrix at Isle of Wight.

Who at Isle of Wight.

Zep 1969-1974 most anywhere of course.
Jimi

Mississippi John Hurt

Muddy

Elmore James

But so far my favorite one I actually was able to attend was The Alabama Shakes. I intend on seeing them every chance I get.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
We don't have concerts in libya.
Probably an old Arcade Fire concert (around Neon Bible era), preferably in MTL, or maybe Postmodern Jukebox, which I've gotten into as a result of AF. In some very small venue, like the Soda Bar here in San Diego, or Blueberry Hill in St. Louis, which my mother's cousin owns.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan