Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide tags button?
Hide tags button?
Is there a hide tags button somewhere or do you really have to type out the code every time you want to hide something?

(And what does the PHP code button do?)

Just curious... Smile
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: Hide tags button?
(September 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Is there a hide tags button somewhere or do you really have to type out the code every time you want to hide something?

No. Yes.

(September 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: (And what does the PHP code button do?)

Just curious... Smile

It's not terribly useful for non-programmers. It lets you quote PHP code and prettifies it.

PHP Code:
<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>
Cool idea for a tag, though. Also, "imgresize", or whatever it is. I keep forgetting that one.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 17, 2014 at 7:16 pm)c172 Wrote: Cool idea for a tag, though. Also, "imgresize", or whatever it is. I keep forgetting that one.

That would be "imgfit"
(September 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: (And what does the PHP code button do?)

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
If you are using Chrome, you can install the extension "BBCodeInsert."

That extension allows you to right click and insert various tags, from [b], [i], to [quote], and even [url] with a prompt. It also includes the ability to add custom shortcuts. I have added the [hide] tag shortcut to mine. It's pretty easy.

Once you have the extension installed, you go to your extensions (Tools-->Extensions) Then go to BBCodeInsert Options. All you do from there is copy this code into the box, hit save, and you'll have some hide tags prepared by yours truly.

Code:
# Hide Tags with prompt
title:[hide]=prompt
template:![hide]{{p:$1}}[/hide]
prompt:Text to be hidden
#

# Hide Tags
title:[hide]
template:![hide][/hide]
#
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:It's not terribly useful for non-programmers. It lets you quote PHP code and prettifies it.

Has there been a lot of PHP quoting in the past or is that just a standard forum button? Thinking

Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:That would be "imgfit"

That's the one I always forget.

Is there a way to resize an image to a particular percentage? Say, the image is 600x800 and you want it to appear at 50% in thread?

I think I've tried [img width=# height=#] or various plays on the theme from the days when I knew how to write html but I suspect that just won't work here...

SteelCurtain Wrote:If you are using Chrome, you can install the extension "BBCodeInsert."

Cool, I'll have to check that out... Thanks Big Grin

BTW, holy shit were the quote tags screwed up by the coding in these posts!! :p
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(September 17, 2014 at 7:58 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote:
Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:It's not terribly useful for non-programmers. It lets you quote PHP code and prettifies it.

Has there been a lot of PHP quoting in the past or is that just a standard forum button? Thinking

Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:That would be "imgfit"

That's the one I always forget.

Is there a way to resize an image to a particular percentage? Say, the image is 600x800 and you want it to appear at 50% in thread?

I think I've tried [img width=# height=#] or various plays on the theme from the days when I knew how to write html but I suspect that just won't work here...

It's a standard feature of the advanced editor.

I don't think there are any bbcode tags to resize images like that. Personally, I resize them before I upload if I can.
Quote:If you are using Chrome, you can install the extension "BBCodeInsert."

That extension allows you to right click and insert various tags, from [b], [i], to [quote], and even [url] with a prompt. It also includes the ability to add custom shortcuts. I have added the [hide] tag shortcut to mine. It's pretty easy.

Once you have the extension installed, you go to your extensions (Tools-->Extensions) Then go to BBCodeInsert Options. All you do from there is copy this code into the box, hit save, and you'll have some hide tags prepared by yours truly.

PHP Code:
# Hide Tags with prompt
title:[hide]=prompt
template
:![hide]{{p:$1}}[/hide]
prompt:Text to be hidden
#

# Hide Tags
title:[hide]
template:![hide][/hide]

Couldn't get it to work?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Works just fine for me. Copy that exact code into the editor. I've got hide tags, spoiler tags, image tags, and YouTube video tags in my custom menu.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate button BrokenQuill92 4 1108 December 10, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  [Serious] The Show Content Button? Draconic Aiur 3 1064 May 15, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  How to hide previous username? DarkFalz555 5 1453 November 17, 2017 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Losty
  The "winner" button Foxaèr 9 2059 September 29, 2017 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Hide Function Fred Hampton 20 4184 March 27, 2017 at 4:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's happening with the img tags? account_inactive 7 1864 August 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  URL tags not working properly Joods 27 3192 July 4, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Add a soundcloud button? bennyboy 8 2112 March 3, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1289 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
Question How do you hide lengthy blocks of text? God of Mr. Hanky 8 2167 January 26, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky