Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "winner" button
The "winner" button
I would like to see a "winner" button, you decide what form it takes.

The "winner" button is to be used to differentiate between a post that is liked and a post that is a "winner".

Because we all know we've come across those rare posts that deserve more than just a mere kudos, and for those rare posts the "winner" button would be available.

Edit, after thought though not necessary:
Perhaps insert a code where the "winner" button can only be used a certain number of times during a certain period of time so as to make certain it is not misused.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The "winner" button
I almost started a thread about what I was thinking about, which is on similar lines: different kinds of kudos, like FB has different kinds of likes. Sad face, heart, thumbs up, scowl, etc. We could do something similar.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 29, 2017 at 5:15 pm)c172 Wrote: I almost started a thread about what I was thinking about, which is on similar lines: different kinds of kudos, like FB has different kinds of likes. Sad face, heart, thumbs up, scowl, etc. We could do something similar.

Not a bad idea. I'd support a multi button format to better express ourselves in how we perceive the post's content.
~ Erin Hunter
From time to time I've noted an entry here as "Post of the Day". This sounds like a little more of an official version.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Precisely. 

Also, I like your ETA on the OP.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 29, 2017 at 5:20 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: From time to time I've noted an entry here as "Post of the Day".  This sounds like a little more of an official version.

Indeed. It would eradicate the need of mentioning in another thread how one thinks the post is a winner by incorporating a button to indicate it instead.
~ Erin Hunter
I would like to request a "wanker" button. I want this feature to only exist on my posts and I want to be the only one who can click it. On my own posts. Seems kind of fitting.
(September 29, 2017 at 5:11 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I would like to see a "winner" button, you decide what form it takes.

The "winner" button is to be used to differentiate between a post that is liked and a post that is a "winner".

Because we all know we've come across those rare posts that deserve more than just a mere kudos, and for those rare posts the "winner" button would be available.

Edit, after thought though not necessary:
Perhaps insert a code where the "winner" button can only be used a certain number of times during a certain period of time so as to make certain it is not misused.

If these twat mods can't explain how the quote function works...

Quote:"If you think you understand the atheistforums quote function, you don't understand the atheistforums quote function".

Richard Phillips Feynman.

...then how in the fuck can they implement something new and initiative?

Edit: Actually Lutriae, this isn't  one of your best ideas. In fact it's a pretty shite idea. May god have mercy on you for suggesting it.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I'm sure Tibs could explain how the quote function works quite easily.

Lol and if you're talking about 'how to use it' even I, and most people here, know that.

Define 'how it works'.

Also the interesting thing about the original quote "If you think you understand Quantum Theory then you don't understand Quantum Theory."

The interesting thing is... he doesn't also say "Oh and by the way if you don't think you understand it then you're actually right about that. You don't understand it then either."

So perhaps we should assume that everyone who thinks they don't understand Quantum Theory at all understands it perfectly Tongue
(September 29, 2017 at 5:15 pm)c172 Wrote: I almost started a thread about what I was thinking about, which is on similar lines: different kinds of kudos, like FB has different kinds of likes. Sad face, heart, thumbs up, scowl, etc. We could do something similar.

Or you could fuck off and die for suggesting it.

[Image: facebook-2.png]

(September 29, 2017 at 7:08 pm)Hammy Wrote: I'm sure Tibs could explain how the quote function works quite easily.

Lol and if you're talking about 'how to use it' even I, and most people here, know that.

Define 'how it works'.

Quote:Define 'how it works'.

Explain the gaps? As in, there are two blank lines below this one, but none above it,

Quote:Also the interesting thing about the original quote "If you think you understand Quantum Theory then you don't understand Quantum Theory."
Quote:The interesting thing is... he doesn't also say "Oh and by the way if you don't think you understand it then you're actually right about that. You don't understand it then either."

He also doesn’t say what the best washing up liquid is.

Quote:So perhaps we should assume that everyone who thinks they don't understand Quantum Theory at all understands it perfectly Tongue

Nah fuck it. I'll get back later with some neurons.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate button BrokenQuill92 4 1111 December 10, 2019 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  [Serious] The Show Content Button? Draconic Aiur 3 1083 May 15, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Add a soundcloud button? bennyboy 8 2131 March 3, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1301 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Post Button Not Working AFTT47 8 2653 August 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Still no kudos button for me Foxaèr 16 2896 April 10, 2015 at 7:33 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hide tags button? Clueless Morgan 22 5232 November 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Edit button? Faith No More 2 2189 March 10, 2012 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where's the button to change the time? Fred 2 1913 September 4, 2011 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Fred
  Edit button does not function anymore for me Autumnlicious 8 3086 March 2, 2011 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Tiberius