Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy Folks
Howdy Folks
I am Rogue. I am here as a middle man. I am not atheist. I am NOT religious. I am spiritual.

I do not judge and I do not preach.

I believe in a Higher Power. I do not know what this Power is, I have an idea on where it came from.

I believe in the human Spirit. I believe our spirit connects us to this Power.

I am open to any and all questions. Thanks

Nice to meet you all. I look forward to our future conversations.
Belief in a Cruel God makes a Crueler Man. Thomas Paine with minor edit crueler instead of cruel.
RE: Howdy Folks
Hullo. Welcome to the forum, Rogue Smile
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 22, 2014 at 10:14 am)Rogue Wrote: I am Rogue. I am here as a middle man ...

Oooookayyy, I'll play ... are you a cross dresser, shape shifter, claiming to be some inter-dimensional creature out to enlighten us poor mortals, or figure you know more about the cosmos than has been discovered by most of humanity over the last 10,000 years or so?

Let's see just how crazy you are first then, maybe, it will be worth seeing if you have anything interesting to say.
Hi there.

I'm a meat popsicle Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
[Image: doctor+who+gif+dump+_22f9e7_5256258.gif]
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Funny, I despise woo but would also say there is more to our consciousness than meets the eye. I see that 'more' as not conscious, not precisely person-like and essentially other than what I think of as me. So, kettle, I'll keep my woo-comments to myself if only to avoid putting my pot in a bad light.

Welcome.
Hello Rogue. Welcome to AF Smile

I don't speak for all atheists here, but I imagine you won't be received as the middleman. Believing in a "Higher Power" places you squarely in the "I believe in something without evidence" category. But this isn't to say you won't be well received. Again I say Welcome
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Welcome welcome.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hello.

Quote:I believe in a Higher Power. I do not know what this Power is, I have an idea on where it came from.

I don't.
Welcome!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy Munch 19 1219 May 2, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Music Hey Folks Philos_Tone 13 1421 November 18, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Howdy Icy 23 2168 July 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Howdy Imaginaryfriendless 35 4959 July 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  hey folks. Disciple 11 1347 June 6, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hi folks, I am a Godless Heathen Godless-Heathen 34 3303 May 17, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Heya folks... krstl_mrrw 28 2598 May 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hiya folks! I'm new! CindyBaker 10 1470 April 8, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  Howdy from Texas! brian1570 71 7222 September 8, 2015 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Howdy! thehedglin 15 2481 August 30, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: MTL