Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!
Howdy!
Howdy, I figured I would introduce myself before I do anything else, as I can see that the forum is pretty active. I have been an atheist for a long time, and am a refugee from the myspace forums that shut down years ago. I am not sure if I will have anything to contribute, other than my sense of humor and blunt personality. I am 33 years old, happily married, and just poking around to see if there is anything I might take a shine to here.

See ya'll around.
I would more generally advocate that one only leave one entrance into their mind(reason), and keep the rest of it rather closed, as it is one hell of a lot easier to shovel shit in than it is to get it out.

If the evidence and reason for you to believe something isn't really any better than the reason you should believe some rural farmer from Arkansas got anally probed by interstellar visitors, then you probably shouldn't.

RE: Howdy!
Hey there hedglin Smile

Nice to meet you! I hope you stick around, there's lots of great folk here and all kinds of discussions. I'm always right about everything, because I have a chainsaw. I'll continue to be right until someone has a bigger chainsaw.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome! Have a nice stay Smile
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 30, 2015 at 9:25 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey there hedglin Smile

Nice to meet you! I hope you stick around, there's lots of great folk here and all kinds of discussions. I'm always right about everything, because I have a chainsaw. I'll continue to be right until someone has a bigger chainsaw.

Well, I've got a chainsaw, but it ain't made of logic... Also, my momma always told me not to compare chainsaws with strange men...

I suppose we will just both have to be right, then, won't we.
I would more generally advocate that one only leave one entrance into their mind(reason), and keep the rest of it rather closed, as it is one hell of a lot easier to shovel shit in than it is to get it out.

If the evidence and reason for you to believe something isn't really any better than the reason you should believe some rural farmer from Arkansas got anally probed by interstellar visitors, then you probably shouldn't.

I can live with that! Cognitive dissidence is not at all unusual here. Paradoxes are actively encouraged!

Who knows, maybe we'll agree and not even tear space/time at all Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome

Hope you find something shiny!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RUN! RUUUUN!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hi hedglin! Hi Welcome to AF!

Blunt personality and sense of humor is plenty to contribute. See you around c:

And here's your welcome waffles c:

[Image: OutbackStrawberryWaffleShortcake.jpg]

Enjoy!
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy Munch 19 1178 May 2, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Howdy Icy 23 2118 July 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Howdy Imaginaryfriendless 35 4828 July 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Howdy from Texas! brian1570 71 6936 September 8, 2015 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Howdy IATIA 20 3163 February 22, 2015 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus