Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My very first fiction novel officially debuts tomorrow!
I pondered whether or not this was the right forum to post this in, but given the fact that the novel deals heavily with the themes of religion and atheism, particularly as it relates to the prospects of one's own imminent demise, I feel this is the appropriate place. Anyway, after a long year consumed by much writing and editing, I'm proud to announce that it is finally available for sale tomorrow! However, because you are all very dear to me and have contributed a great amount to my growth as a writer and person, I'm making the book exclusively available for you today! That's right! Atheismforums.org gets first dibs! It is available in paperback and epub formats, the latter of which I have our very own StuW to thank for making possible.

The synopsis as per the back cover of the novel is as follows:

A friend of mine, W.A. Raymond, also recently did an interview with me for the release of the novel which you can read here or here:

Additionally, here are some photos of the paperback version I took so that you can get a sense of what you will be purchasing if you're interested:

It was a very time consuming project and I hope it will pay off. My aspirations for the novel is that it will help readers, who may or may not find the annihilation of the self too difficult of an idea to accept, cope with this likelihood by demonstrating through the fictional story of Bennett that life is the locus of everything that is meaningful, and that death can enhance life if it is confronted head-on, absent of delusion. All the links I have provided above, as well as additional info can be found at www.bennettnovel.com. Thanks for your time everyone!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: My very first fiction novel officially debuts tomorrow!
Congrats, PS!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Thank you! ^_^
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Congrats! Hope it goes well for you.
Congrats on being published. Any relation to Jan Strnad?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm)Tonus Wrote: Congrats on being published. Any relation to Jan Strnad?

Hmmm... not that I'm aware. Is that a well-known person? I befriended a bunch of random Strnads on FB a while back... If I remember correctly, it seems like I came across a few Jans (I've heard that Strnad is quite a common surname in, I want to say, Czechoslovakia? Or is the Czech Republic? Thinking)
He's a long-time comic book writer.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(September 22, 2014 at 3:06 pm)Tonus Wrote: He's a long-time comic book writer.

Ah, then nope, but it's quite possible that our not-too-distant ancestors broke bread!
The book sounds interesting. Congrats!
Congrats PS! Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? BananaFlambe 44 2145 December 20, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 730 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A very clever alien.. R00tKiT 85 7585 January 4, 2021 at 10:10 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  Why do people believe that Beowulf is fiction? I_am_not_mafia 59 12902 June 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  There is a very good different argument about power. Mystic 12 2714 April 3, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Tomorrow...... Xmass up for a voice chat? Brian37 7 1351 December 25, 2017 at 3:52 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  A very good Friday to you, too, sir. Nanny 2 1065 April 14, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Beatles song hey ya got to hide your love away is very relateable for forever single Rextos 3 1220 March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 36649 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Best use of hymns and bible quotes in fiction? Lemonvariable72 14 3385 November 21, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15