Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist?
I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist?
Information seems scarce. On the internet exists but much of it is fake, corrupt or whatever else.
Which countries are actually a friendly form of atheism or humanism in their charter?
RE: I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist?
Sweden.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Iran or Saudi Arabia, it's a toss up. If you want tropical try Indonesia.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
North Korea.

(December 4, 2023 at 2:38 pm)BananaFlambe Wrote: Information seems scarce. On the internet exists but much of it is fake, corrupt or whatever else.
Which countries are actually a friendly form of atheism or humanism in their charter?

What the fuck? Passports are issued by the country where you live, not the country you’re going to. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A SEAL was traveling with a US passport that identified him as a member of the US military. That was enough for the highjackers to kill him. (This was in the late '60s IIRC.)

You can get a passport from another country if they're flexible or need the money. Just don't carry both. (You give up the opportunity for assistance from the US embassy if you're carrying a non-US passport only.
(December 4, 2023 at 4:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: A SEAL was traveling with a US passport that identified him as a member of the US military. That was enough for the highjackers to kill him. (This was in the late '60s IIRC.)

You can get a passport from another country if they're flexible or need the money. Just don't carry both. (You give up the opportunity for assistance from the US embassy if you're carrying a non-US passport only.

I can’t imagine ever needing assistance from a US embassy.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 4, 2023 at 2:38 pm)BananaFlambe Wrote: Information seems scarce. On the internet exists but much of it is fake, corrupt or whatever else.

You do know that you have to be a citizen of a country before it will issue you a passport, right?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(December 4, 2023 at 5:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 4, 2023 at 4:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: A SEAL was traveling with a US passport that identified him as a member of the US military. That was enough for the highjackers to kill him. (This was in the late '60s IIRC.)

I can’t imagine ever needing assistance from a US embassy.

Boru

I've slept in 72 countries. I made occasional visits to the local US Embassy for funds transfers (without the local "tariff" charges) and to let them know I was alive if the area was "politically frisky".

And if you've seen "The Bourne Identity"...
(December 4, 2023 at 6:10 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 4, 2023 at 5:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I can’t imagine ever needing assistance from a US embassy.

Boru

I've slept in 72 countries. I made occasional visits to the local US Embassy for funds transfers (without the local "tariff" charges) and to let them know I was alive if the area was "politically frisky".

And if you've seen "The Bourne Identity"...

Yippity skip for you. What the everlasting fuck does that have to do with ME needing to visit a US embassy?

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3195 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Jeff Sparrow on the need to save ourselves from the sickishness of the New Atheists Whateverist 62 8536 March 21, 2016 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Which atheists do you find the most annoying? Whateverist 126 18641 November 18, 2015 at 9:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  If You Ruled Your Own Country, Would You Ban Religion? Salacious B. Crumb 79 12023 May 8, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Which type of Political Atheism is most influential in human society currently? CristW 19 4826 February 20, 2015 at 9:51 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  My very first fiction novel officially debuts tomorrow! Mudhammam 18 6332 January 8, 2015 at 2:01 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Do we need more Atheist books for kids? process613 43 7527 November 30, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheism statistics - what do you know about your country abaris 5 1437 November 28, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Telling my parents that I'm an atheist- need advice. King Dez 16 3259 August 14, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: King Dez
  In the country I'm in now religion is still taught in schools TechAtheist 16 4024 July 8, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Dystopia