Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth skin - Religious views
Stealth skin - Religious views
The 'Stealth' skin currently doesn't show one's religious views under their information per post. Just wondering if this could be adjusted.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes Religion."
-Steven Weinberg
RE: Stealth skin - Religious views
Fixed. Big Grin
Thanks (and in regards to the other fixes prior).
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes Religion."
-Steven Weinberg
@ Adrian,

I thought that was the entire purpose of the Stealth skin? To hide religious views so it is 'stealthy' for, WWLD, who I believe it was created for, if I remember? Although she doesn't seem to post anymore, that is nevertheless, what the Stealth Skin was - and I assume still 'is'? - for, right?

EvF
To interject, there are a number of ways this can be reasonably handled. One way being to just keep things the way they are in the case that you're being accurate in saying that the person whom this thread was made no longer posts here. Or, if they return or still post here, we could always keep a purely "stealthy" skin for that individual, as well as a "Stealth 2.0" of sorts with all of the features of the regular skin for users preferring not to critically damage their eyes with the ugliness and blandness of the other skin.
-Steven Weinberg
To be honest, I thought about not putting the religious views back in, but the stealth view was created mainly for the overall appearance of the site. WWLD's parents saw the banner at the top, and it freaked them out.
The banner for the original skin? Atheist forum?
-Steven Weinberg
Yeah. Pretty much the idea of having a stealth skin is so that parents of members do not see the massive "Atheist Forums" banner at the top.
Come to think of it, I assume if I didn't have my own personal computer and my parents observed me being on a website such as this, they would (like the radical conservatives they are) dismiss my use of the website indefinitely.

Good thinking on the staff's part. Although I choose it merely for aesthetics.
-Steven Weinberg
(January 30, 2010 at 7:08 pm)Arivaderchi Wrote: Good thinking on the staff's part. Although I choose it merely for aesthetics.

Which brings up another point. I wish there were multiple skins using Atheist Forums as the header and not just default and stealth.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thread views. paulpablo 13 1686 August 13, 2016 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Stealth Mode Heat 1 942 November 30, 2015 at 1:56 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Religious views Drich 2 1370 February 10, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  iPhone, Religious views h4ym4n 6 1771 January 21, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  "Religious views"? Tea Earl Grey Hot 2 1450 May 24, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: KUSA