Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weaponisation of Ebola by Muslim terrorists
Weaponisation of Ebola by Muslim terrorists
Seems to fit their MO. Very bad chance of survival for the attacker, so heaven all but guaranteed, good chance of HUGE civilian casualties if he plays his cards right.

Why isn't the west really doing anything about this, doesn't it seem plausible ?

What options are available ?

Don't anyone say more "aid to Africa"............. yes, we know, there's a mess in Africa the aid must flow because they can't clean it up themselves. As per usual.

We don't even have screenings for people traveling to the UK, as far as I'm aware. Is it really so far fetched an idea ?
RE: Weaponisation of Ebola by Muslim terrorists
(October 9, 2014 at 6:33 pm)ForumMember77 Wrote: Seems to fit their MO. Very bad chance of survival for the attacker, so heaven all but guaranteed, good chance of HUGE civilian casualties if he plays his cards right.

Why isn't the west really doing anything about this, doesn't it seem plausible ?

What options are available ?

Don't anyone say more "aid to Africa"............. yes, we know, there's a mess in Africa the aid must flow because they can't clean it up themselves. As per usual.

We don't even have screenings for people traveling to the UK, as far as I'm aware. Is it really so far fetched an idea ?

Yes, it's pretty far-fetched. Ebola is one of those disease that's pretty difficult to catch, so weaponisation of it isn't a very likely scenario. About like weaponising chlamydia.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
As far as "doing something about it", I'd be willing to bet that threat assessments etc are being done.

What the powers that be aren't doing is "talking about it" which is typical.
(October 9, 2014 at 6:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: As far as "doing something about it", I'd be willing to bet that threat assessments etc are being done.

Perhaps afraid to give (insert Muslim terrorist group here) ideas ?

Oh no, now I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist.

If it's so hard to catch maybe that's why ? I honestly don't know much about the thing other than possible vectors/origin.
(October 9, 2014 at 6:45 pm)ForumMember77 Wrote:
(October 9, 2014 at 6:42 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: As far as "doing something about it", I'd be willing to bet that threat assessments etc are being done.

Perhaps afraid to give (insert Muslim terrorist group here) ideas ?

Oh no, now I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist.

If it's so hard to catch maybe that's why ? I honestly don't know much about the thing other than possible vectors/origin.

I doubt that terrorist groups lack imagination. The powers that be don't want to tip their hand, which is why things are not often spoken of.

As far as communicability of Ebola, if memory serves me, it is spread by contact with infected bodily fluids, not by airborne transmission vectors. Airborne transmission is ideal for weaponization. In addition, you want a biologic that disables or kills readily but not too quickly - as that tends to inhibit secondary infection.

Source - I used to have to know this stuff in my capacity as an NBC NCO in the military. My memory may be faulty. It was a long time ago.
A terrorist who will blow himself up would also infect himself with a deadly disease so that he could spread it around. It would not be improbable or difficult for a group of dedicated terrorists who are still under western radar to travel to areas where ebola is rampant, get themselves infected, and then travel to a western country under different identities to avoid revealing their recent itinerary in order to spread the disease. The latency period of ebola would give any such human biological bomb several days at least in which to contract the disease and then move undetected into target country.

A really well organized biological terrorism effort on this principle would first embed a cell of dedicated terrorists in the target country. The human biological bomb coming to the country from infected areas would first meet the local cell surreptitiously to spread the disease to the cell, the cell would then travel around to spread the disease. This would make it even more difficult for the authority to trace the origin of the disease and implement effective quarantine measures.
I dunno, Chuck - that we haven't seen these kinds if attacks suggests to me that it's either more challenging than that, or perhaps that blowing oneself up is substantially preferable to dying of Ebola.

Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen more Tokyo-style Sarin attacks.
I think the reason no such human biological bomb attack has occurred is simply because terrorists lack the sophistication to create a biological warfare agent, and natural diseases that human biological bombs could easily and purposefully infect themselves with in the last few years lacked sufficient lethality to really create much terror, like SARS, or lack the ability to transmit from human to human, like bird flu.

Ebola with a death rate of 50-90% and ability to transmit from human to human has the lethality to create the sort of terror which would make it an effective biological terror weapons.
(October 9, 2014 at 7:46 pm)Chuck Wrote: I think the reason no such human biological bomb attack has occurred is simply because terrorists lack the sophistication to create a biological warfare agent, and natural diseases that human biological bombs could easily and purposefully infect themselves with in the last few years lacked sufficient lethality to really create much terror, like SARS, or lack the ability to transmit from human to human, like bird flu.

Ebola with a death rate of 50-90% and ability to transmit from human to human has the lethality to create the sort of terror which would make it an effective biological terror weapons.

*If* it were easily transmissible. That appears to not be the case. I agree, if it were, the prospect would be daunting.
(October 9, 2014 at 6:52 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Source - I used to have to know this stuff in my capacity as an NBC NCO in the military. My memory may be faulty. It was a long time ago.
Hehehe, you forgot to add the preference for things with a long lag between infection and first symptoms. Honestly though, I don't think the terrorists need to bother, the flu is certainly fucking me up right now - I'm ready to surrender. If there was some rebel uprising today - I'd say to hell with it, let em have the place if they let me sleep.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5314 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2298 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1253 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1343 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4750 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3927 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 782 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1936 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 935 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1197 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3