Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something more.
Something more.
One of the benefits of faith in God is that you believe there is something more to humans than meets the eye.

Take for example love. Love is amazing in itself, but, when you give it a divine origin, it becomes more special. That is love is something that came down from God's very essence and speaks a language that is eternal.

The mystifying nature of love is one of the reasons I believe in God. When I think of love, I see it as something more then this world. It's eternal, it's majestic, it's holy and sacred.

One of the PCAs when I was leaving the hospital shed tears as she said goodbye, and I feel as much as evolution can account for the special wonderful feeling of love, I feel that there is something I appreciate more then that, I see something divine and eternal in her tears. It's this where it can be said the divine is apparent. Love itself is from the divine and is of his essence brought down.

Love is something more then the physical universe.
RE: Something more.
It does sell alot of trinkets around feb, 14 that is for sure.

Also, yes, infantile question MK Undecided
Do you sense the divine presence behind hate too? Cause believe it or not, both have the same source
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Love is first and foremost illogical.

What we refer to as love is nothing more than chemical reactions induced by the body, yet silly humans always prefer to assign mysticism to anything just because.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It is still fun tough Big Grin
Not always...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Surely, but those that are good are worth it,,, Meh, what was the topic again? Big Grin
Something about philosophy I think, but who cares....
- Lau Tzu

Love, therefore god.

How original Dodgy
I wanna feel loved **weeping**

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is CS a science or engineering, or maybe something else? FlatAssembler 90 4912 November 6, 2023 at 7:48 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Something from Nothing Banned 66 11363 March 7, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creatio Ex Nihilo - Forming Something out of Nothing? GrandizerII 70 11985 February 24, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Why Something Rather Than Nothing? datc 249 30051 November 7, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: LostDays
  Can the laws of physics bring something into existence? Freedom of thought 23 5701 June 23, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  The following is not a question: Can something come from nothing? Alex K 204 30614 April 16, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Name 1 Something that You are Sure of Walking Void 59 10887 July 27, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Belief means holding something to be true in philosophy Dawud 6 4419 April 26, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Dawud
  Something that can strengthen the cosmological argument? Mystic 1 1458 April 8, 2013 at 6:23 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  A philosophical...something? Chris.Roth 0 1183 May 5, 2012 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Chris.Roth