Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Tuesday night..
Last Tuesday night..
TRich and I were sound asleep, and we have two dogs that sleep in the family room. Every once and a while one of them will have a bad dream and let out a bark or one will scare the other and let out a yelp. But last Tuesday night both were barking like the house was on fire, so I jumped out of bed and started to run Towards the door to yell at them quietly... Then I thought, wait a tick what if they are barking at someone...Thinking so I went back to my night stand and got a gun.. I opened the bedroom door, and walkout and looked at the dogs, then Saw a blue led flashlight beam hit my kitchen window. (It over looks out screened in porch, no one should be in their at 3 o clock in the GD morning for any reason..) So i thought to my self this is real, and I'm about to shoot someone in my underoos.. So I go to the back door which has a big window in it and I see this a-hole bent over the propane tank of my gas grill, and I got really pissed.. I thought this guy is going to make me shoot him for a 30 dollar tank and 10 dollars worth of propane... Then I thought I've been out of a dead sleep maybe a total of 30 seconds maybe I should not shoot till I give him a running start.. (Didn't want to be on the news) so I took my .45 and tapped it on the glass of the door window and said in a deep voice, while pointing the gun/safety off finger on the trigger "get the fuck out of here before I put another hole in your ass!!!" (Because his ass was up and facing me as he was bent over my propane tank.)

Then the idiot shines his light in my eyes, so I duck back and hit the porch light and stuck the gun back in the window, and said leave or I will shoot!!! Then He said "Sherriff's department, put down the gun!" Then I stuck my head around the door to look and sure enough he was wearing, a polo shirt with the Sherriff's office logo on it, and wouldn't you know he brought his gun to our little show and tell... Then two of his buddies who were all dressed the same also had the same gun... (How embarrassing for them, they all brought the same gun to show and tell) so I put down my gun and placed my hands on the glass. Apologized, and the lead guy asked if I heard anything from my neighbors? I said no. He said someone called in a domestic dispute at 3am and they are not answering the door. He asked if they fight.. At that point I was so rattled I would have ratted out my own mom if he asked me to. So I said yes the fight like cats and dogs, and after really big fights there usally broken furniture out for collection on the following trash day, he said thank you and moved on..

I never did find out what he was doing with my propane tank.. The next day I saw the neighbor lady. She's a stout 6 ft 220, and he's maybe 5'5" 120 soaking wet. She had a light scratch on her right cheek and he look like he said something he should not have said to ray rice in an elevator..
[Image: th_090_.gif]
RE: Last Tuesday night..
God what a backwards red-neck you must be.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Dude, shooting someone over a $30 tank and ten bucks worth of propane would be pretty stupid.
Yes, only in god blessed America!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Oh, wow...

Well, I'm glad you're safe. That could have turned out worse...

and I hope this Tuesday night is less eventful and you get more rest Smile
(October 20, 2014 at 11:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Dude, shooting someone over a $30 tank and ten bucks worth of propane would be pretty stupid.
That's 'Murica for you.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Good Lord. It's a miracle there are still any Americans left.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Glad you're ok. Obviously don't you think if the dogs are barking at something outside, you might check more than one window to get a bearing on the situation if all the dude is doing is bending over your BBQ grill?

Another case of 'guns almost made a typical situation into a nightmare for citizen and policeman'.

Oh and I forgot 'for no reason'

Imagine how that same situation would have gone down in Australia? You would have been able to know that no guns are in the strangers hands, no guns in the cops hands, and no guns certainly would be in yours. Your dogs would've protected you and Mrs Trich inside the house, and all would be well.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(October 21, 2014 at 5:20 am)Luckie Wrote: Glad you're ok. Obviously don't you think if the dogs are barking at something outside, you might check more than one window to get a bearing on the situation if all the dude is doing is bending over your BBQ grill?

Another case of 'guns almost made a typical situation into a nightmare for citizen and policeman'.

Oh and I forgot 'for no reason'

Imagine how that same situation would have gone down in Australia? You would have been able to know that no guns are in the strangers hands, no guns in the cops hands, and no guns certainly would be in yours. Your dogs would've protected you and Mrs Trich inside the house, and all would be well.

Good point I should have obtained better tactical awareness before surrendering my position. Lesson learned.

I would assume in Australia it would go down like it would any place guns are bann. All the law abiding people would be disarmed, but the people who do not care to obey the law, would still arm themselves. In that case I would have probably turn my dogs loose before making a posturing threat and got the cops attention, and the cop would have tried and talked his way out of getting mauled, or whatever it is the do when their life is in danger..

Clearly the discretion of the invaded home owner would set the pace no matter if guns are involved or not.
(October 21, 2014 at 2:20 am)Alex K Wrote: Good Lord. It's a miracle there are still any Americans left.

If the lord was good then there wouldn't be any Americans like that left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5438 480523 Yesterday at 2:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 564 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1692 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2186 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1727 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1922 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 1004554 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 726 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1104 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Last movie you didn't watch Fake Messiah 43 2835 November 16, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah