Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about timestamps and reps
question about timestamps and reps
At what time does the reputation counter reset? Also is there any way to put a server time stamp on the front page anywhere? I mean it shows the last time I visited, but couldn't it also say current time?
RE: question about timestamps and reps
Reps don't reset, the higher the better, you get a point for each person who reps you, it means they either have a complaint (-1) or a compliment (+1).

At the moment you've got 6, so 6 more people think you're a good poster than those who don't. You can see who repped you for what.
No I mean reset on how many you can give in a day. It keeps giving me my limit for the day has been reached. What is that limit anyways 5?
Don't know, i've never been on a repping spree.
I was catching up on areas I've been needing to do other than posts yesterday and today.
(February 5, 2010 at 1:51 am)tackattack Wrote: I was catching up on areas I've been needing to do other than posts yesterday and today.

are you talking about kudos or reps? Kudos are the thumbs up you give people on posts and rep is that green number next to reputation, you have 6.
reps.. you can only give out so many reputation ratings in what the web site refers to as a 24 hour period. It states exactly, "Error You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today. " I know the difference between reps and kudos. I'm not trying to be obtuse or idoitic, I think I'm being pretty clear.

I wanted to know how many and if they were based on server time or local time or time since the last rep rated. If it's based on server time then I also had a question about time stamps on the front page. I ask because I'm trying to rate and can't. I'm sure Adrian has the answer.

edit: update : apparently I have another set again, not sure how many though. The timing must be 24 hrs. from the posting of the rep that put you at the limit.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
It could say the current time but is there really any need? I don't know about you but I have a small clock in the bottom/right of my screen :p

EDIT: Actually, it does say the current time..

And no, the rep counter doesn't reset, it simply grows or shrinks according to the reps you get.

Why do you ask?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Earlier I was given an error when trying to rate Sae as stated above. The night before I had done 5 in one night, I believe that to be the limit in one 24 hour period. I'm sure it's coded similar to the "must wait 30 seconds between searches" error I get when on a roll. But is it local time to me or server time. I believe it's local to me. Is that what the 24 hour wait is coded to?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(February 5, 2010 at 1:28 am)tackattack Wrote: At what time does the reputation counter reset?

It doesn't.

Quote:Also is there any way to put a server time stamp on the front page anywhere? I mean it shows the last time I visited, but couldn't it also say current time?

Why would you want the server time? Anyway, It would be pretty easy but you would have to chat to Adrian about that as it's his forum.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Reps chimp3 5 1215 August 21, 2017 at 7:20 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Ghost Reps Shuffle 93 9077 September 10, 2015 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  How Do I Give Reps Rhondazvous 60 10779 July 27, 2015 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Longhorn