Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New religion..
New religion..
... I'm quite bored with what we've got...
So how the hell (might change that curse!) do I start a new a new religion...

Is it easy getting followers?

Any of you got ideas for a new God's name or a theme?
RE: New religion..
Flatus Horribilis
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Flatus? is that a reference to me? I'm 6ft 2 ffs !!! lol
It might be true, but somehow I don't think Awful Fart would be a catchy name. How about Findyourselfism?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(October 29, 2014 at 6:55 pm)lifesagift Wrote: Flatus? is that a reference to me? I'm 6ft 2 ffs !!! lol

No, that's the religion I was once thinking of founding. The church of the divine flatulence and Flatus horribilis or awe inspiring Fart would be the deity.
(October 29, 2014 at 6:48 pm)lifesagift Wrote: ... I'm quite bored with what we've got...
So how the hell (might change that curse!) do I start a new a new religion...

Is it easy getting followers?

Any of you got ideas for a new God's name or a theme?

Read up on L Ron Hubbard.

Just be more original and less ridiculous.
Dying to live, living to die.
Changing one religion for another is like changing Michael Jackson's doctor for Joan Rivers' doctor.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2014 at 7:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Changing one religion for another is like changing Michael Jackson's doctor for Joan Rivers' doctor.

Boru

But it's a good way to earn taxfree money when done right. Might even be some televangelist fortune in it along the way.
I think a thorough misreading through LessWrong might yield a decent religion.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
If I come up with the perfect name, do I get a cut of the action?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.