Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apologies and Farewell
Apologies and Farewell
This is my last thread/post here. I am extremely sorry for anything I may have said that may have hurt or offended someone.

What I have posted all along is what I am. If it seemed like a troll or poe post, then please forgive me. This is how I was raised and probably this is the limit to my (lack of) intelligence. I got warned by a staff and I believe that I will get a ban, because no matter how much I think of doing otherwise, I cannot stop myself from saying what I think is OK for me, but offensive or irritating to you all.

I wish all the best and only the best to each and everyone of you. Minimalist, sorry for calling you out on that joke thread. Lemonvariable72, sorry for calling you out on a debate when I am sure I would have lost against such an intelligent person like you (seriously). Stimbo, when I said that you are a nice person, I meant it from all my heart with no sarcasm at all.

If atheists are really like you, then Heaven will surely be filled with people from AF.
RE: Apologies and Farewell
Awww! Best of luck, Christian. It can be hard to adapt away a posting style that comes naturally, but if you ever feel you can do better, you're always welcome back as far as I'm concerned.

And you got a Rep of 7 before you bowed out. That's not bad.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 30, 2014 at 4:17 pm)Christian Wrote: This is my last thread/post here. I am extremely sorry for anything I may have said that may have hurt or offended someone.

What I have posted all along is what I am. If it seemed like a troll or poe post, then please forgive me. This is how I was raised and probably this is the limit to my (lack of) intelligence. I got warned by a staff and I believe that I will get a ban, because no matter how much I think of doing otherwise, I cannot stop myself from saying what I think is OK for me, but offensive or irritating to you all.

I wish all the best and only the best to each and everyone of you. Minimalist, sorry for calling you out on that joke thread. Lemonvariable72, sorry for calling you out on a debate when I am sure I would have lost against such an intelligent person like you (seriously). Stimbo, when I said that you are a nice person, I meant it from all my heart with no sarcasm at all.

If atheists are really like you, then Heaven will surely be filled with people from AF.

Well, goodbye Christian. Have a good one!

BTW- you weren't warned for offending people; you were warned for preaching/spamming/trolling.
True, I didn't find him particularly offensive, and I don't think not offending people is one of our rules, anyway.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I thought preaching was no longer a bannable offense.
As for the spam detail... meh, I'm a bit selective with the threads I open, so I didn't notice anything.
Trolling... sure looked like it... the poe factor was strong with this one.
Still, it was fun. Come back anytime you wish and try not to be so fundy.
(October 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: True, I didn't find him particularly offensive, and I don't think not offending people is one of our rules, anyway.

It's not. If it were, we wouldn't have a forum!

poca Wrote:I thought preaching was no longer a bannable offense.

It's hard to tell preaching from spamming.
(October 30, 2014 at 4:45 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(October 30, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: True, I didn't find him particularly offensive, and I don't think not offending people is one of our rules, anyway.

It's not. If it were, we wouldn't have a forum!

poca Wrote:I thought preaching was no longer a bannable offense.

It's hard to tell preaching from spamming.

Also hard to tell preaching from "ignoring responses and refusing to honestly discuss".
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Offensive? No.

Annoying? Only with the ridiculous egotism.

I wish you the best.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Come back when you grow up.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Have fun with Jesus!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell. LastPoet 39 3450 May 2, 2020 at 3:17 am
Last Post: Violet
  This may be farewell. Gawdzilla Sama 49 2118 May 7, 2019 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Say Farewell To An American Icon Minimalist 33 2065 October 16, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Schwa
  My apologies. Gawdzilla Sama 23 1172 April 26, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My apologies for my recent boorishness AFTT47 14 1478 December 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Apologies To All I've Ever Insulted Edwardo Piet 15 1433 November 8, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Farewell Friends! WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 10 3550 July 26, 2012 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Farewell Justtristo 4 1349 January 17, 2011 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Shell B