Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do atheists deny that they are just biorobots?
Why do atheists deny that they are just biorobots?
It is scientific and logical
RE: Why do atheists deny that they are just biorobots?
But do atheists do this?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
err please define "biorobots".

We need to be clear on what you mean by that term first.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Depending on the definition, I probably wouldn't deny it. What's your point?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

By the same token I could ask, why Theists deny they're just Sims in gods playground.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 2, 2014 at 8:34 am)dimaniac Wrote: It is scientific and logical

What a fucking asinine claim. "atheist" merely denotes "off" on god claims. Where the fuck do you get the idea that means we lack emotions and are merely robots?

Evolution produces human emotions because of the way our biochemical brains evolved. Other species also display the same attributes of cruelty and compassion.

Does it bother you that we can love and enjoy and feel good without assigning that to invisible sky heros? Too bad.

We have emotions because we are the same species. The only difference is we do not insert fictional beings in as a gap answer to explain nature.

(November 2, 2014 at 8:47 am)abaris Wrote: By the same token I could ask, why Theists deny they're just Sims in gods playground.

Not that that is true, but the though of that being a realty for argument's sake only is horrifying. It means we are property, pawns, lab rats.
(November 2, 2014 at 8:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Where the fuck do you get the idea that means we lack emotions and are merely robots?
Emotions are just chemical reactions in your brain. You are a biorobot
(November 2, 2014 at 9:01 am)dimaniac Wrote:
(November 2, 2014 at 8:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: Where the fuck do you get the idea that means we lack emotions and are merely robots?
Emotions are just chemical reactions in your brain. You are a biorobot

Your chemical reactions need some help. I suggest you consult a medical professional.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(November 2, 2014 at 8:34 am)dimaniac Wrote: It is scientific and logical

Agreed, we are bio robots.
Next.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Biorobotics is already a well defined term. You cannot just set its meaning equal to human and then start controversy where none exists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7037 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2094 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1023 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2853 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1967 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8145 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11346 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15475 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11910 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10912 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13