Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him?
Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him?
1. Christopher Hitchens is alleged to have written supposedly un-answerable arguments against Christian Theism. And yet, when he actually debated Atheism vs Christianity in fair discussion and cross-examination with Dr. Craig, even an Atheist site remarked he lost and lost badly: "The debate went exactly as I expected. Craig was flawless and unstoppable. Hitchens was rambling and incoherent, with the occasional rhetorical jab. Frankly, Craig spanked Hitchens like a foolish child." ("Common Sense Atheism" atheist review). Dr. Craig used the Five Pronged Argument he almost always uses, so Atheists have had plenty of time to prepare for it by now. First (1) from Cosmology, the Kalam Cosmological Argument, (2) Second, from Design. (3) Third, the Moral Argument. (4) Fourth, the Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, from certain facts like the Empty Tomb, Death and Burial of Jesus Christ etc acknowledged by secular historians to be true, (5) the Fifth, I think, if memory serves, was from internal religious experience, which allows the sincere seeker of God to be sure of His existence; will have to re-check that one to be sure. Debate has some 7 MN views on You Tube.

2. And Richard Dawkins, another of the so-called "four horsemen of the apocalypse" ran away from debating Dr. Craig at Oxford University, though happily debating with some lesser known or less qualified Christians or Christian speakers. Not a good look for one of the world's most famous Atheists, and reminiscent of what Arians, who denied the Divinity of Christ, used to do; they'd try to confuse simple Christians that Christ was not God, yet, when St. Athanasius, or another Christian who knew his Faith and could defend it, showed up, they'd run away. So why did Dawkins run away? What does that say about either the Truth of Atheism or the courage and confidence one of the world's leading Atheist Apologists has in his own beliefs or non-beliefs?

3. And, in Case for Christ, Lee Strobel, himself a former Atheist, who later became a Christian after a life-long search for Truth, relates this: "As moderator of a debate between Craig and an atheist selected by the national spokesman for American Atheists, Inc., I [Lee Strobel] marveled as [Bill] Craig politely but powerfully built the case for Christianity while simultaneously dismantling the arguments for atheism. From where I was sitting, I could watch the faces of people as they discovered - many for the first time-that Christianity can stand up to rational analysis and rugged scrutiny. In the end it was no contest. Among those who had entered the auditorium that evening as avowed atheists, agnostics, or skeptics, an overwhelming 82 percent walked out concluding that the case for Christianity had been the most compelling. Forty seven people entered as nonbelievers and exited as Christians. Craig's arguments for the faith were that persuasive, especially compared with the paucity of evidence for atheism. Incidentally, nobody became an atheist." ~ Lee Strobel, Case for Christ. 

So much for the false Atheistic idea that Christianity is afraid of rational analysis or scrutiny. It looks more like Atheists are afraid of it!

Thoughts?

God Bless.
RE: Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him?
You have completely missed your audience.

It would be nice if you would stop telling atheists what they/we think, feel, etc. You don't speak for all believers and you certainly don't speak for non-believers.

You and your high horse need to find an audience who hasn't already heard all this.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Oh, trust me, the William Craig turd has been discussed here.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
1. Craig is good at debate (convincing stupid people he's smart and bamboozling the ignorant ) however all his arguments have been picked apart over and over so why bother debating him about it? he's really good at sophistry and weasel wording his way out and little else. And pointing to one atheist's opinion on how Hitchens did is poor evidence of anything just because that person is an atheist doesn't mean they were right about how well he did.  

2. Dawkins made it clear he won't debate Craig on moral grounds and I agree he shouldn't debate such a loathsome person. That's not running away. Dawkins doesn't owe Craig a debate. No one owes Craig a debate. It's not a good look according to who? I'm perfectly fine with Dawkins not wasting his time playing Craigs word games  

3. Lee Strobel was never an atheist all his accounts sound completely made up to appeal to a Christain audience. And we only have Strobels claims about these supposed converts. That's hardly evidence of anything considering his total lack of credibility.

4. Atheists are not afraid of Craig we know all his tricks and know better than to play his games. It's a case of the best way to win is not to play in the first place. His ideas can be refuted without giving him his soapbox and a chance to do his apologist razzle-dazzle.

So you wasted our time with another pointless rant.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 17, 2023 at 5:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You have completely missed your audience.

It would be nice if you would stop telling atheists what they/we think, feel, etc.  You don't speak for all believers and you certainly don't speak for non-believers.

You and your high horse need to find an audience who hasn't already heard all this.

Apparently his god demands validation from heathens.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 17, 2023 at 5:49 pm)brewer Wrote: Apparently his god demands validation from heathens.

Much like Tinkerbell.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Xavier why do you beat your wife?

Continued thoughts and prayers.

RAmen
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Why is your god so fucking stupid?
(June 17, 2023 at 5:18 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: RE: Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him?

For the same reason atheists run away from the odor of one who sweats profusely, lathers up in excrement, and hadn’t washed since his baptism.
(June 17, 2023 at 5:26 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You have completely missed your audience.

It would be nice if you would stop telling atheists what they/we think, feel, etc.  You don't speak for all believers and you certainly don't speak for non-believers.

They don't care. Like so many before them and many yet to come, success is not the goal. As long as they think Jeebus is watching, and awarding points for their efforts, they will continue to attempt to spread their mind virus. After all, those Jeebus points can get them cool perks at the after-life carnival.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2100 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1029 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1883 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
  [Serious] If I met Him... zwanzig 54 4422 January 13, 2021 at 6:45 pm
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2868 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1976 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  [Serious] Why I consider Atheists the Dumbest of the Dumb theMadJW 63 8164 May 13, 2020 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4470 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15493 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11924 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic