Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Can Hope He's Right....
We Can Hope He's Right....
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/theor...eneration/

Quote:Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss: Religion could be gone in a generation

I suspect this only applies in the West. The rest of the world is lagging behind.
RE: We Can Hope He's Right....
(November 4, 2014 at 3:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/theor...eneration/

Quote:Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss: Religion could be gone in a generation

I suspect this only applies in the West. The rest of the world is lagging behind.

You're leaving out the US of A in that assumption. I hardly think, they're going from 90 something percent to zero in a generation.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well, atheists are delusional too Smile
Nice thought but I doubt it will die out so soon.

I doubt it will die out at all. It will likely be another 50 years or more before the religious are the minority in even all Western nations Especially in the US where they can see their religion starting to die and are doing all they can to fight that imminent death.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 4, 2014 at 3:46 pm)abaris Wrote: You're leaving out the US of A in that assumption. I hardly think, they're going from 90 something percent to zero in a generation.

We're bipolar enough as a nation that it could happen.

10 years ago, the threat of gay marriage was so scary to us that it was the deciding factor in 2004.

Today, gay marriage is being legalized all over the country and even most conservatives are saying, "meh, whatever".
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(November 4, 2014 at 3:53 pm)dimaniac Wrote: Well, atheists are delusional too Smile

Well, not so much.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...2846/posts

It's on a conservative website, so it has to be true. Undecided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

And they're using data from the Eurobarometer.
http://therealprayer.wordpress.com/2012/...s-say-yes/

Quote:More than 3,500 churches close their doors every year, and while Americans are still overwhelmingly spiritual, the institutional church no longer holds the sway over their lives it once did.

This article quotes Albert Mohler, some mucky-muck baptist shithead. Even he notes that 1,000 baptist churches go belly up every year. You see, it reaches the point where it is no longer lucrative to maintain a church if there aren't enough sheep. And religion first and foremost is about money.
(November 4, 2014 at 4:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And religion first and foremost is about money.

Nope, the attraction of power. They're sociopathic structures from the heads down. And I guess, it's one of the reasons, why so many child molestors are attracted to become ministers. Easy prey to dominate is all around you.
What is power without money?
(November 4, 2014 at 5:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What is power without money?

What is a serial rapist without his victim? Apart from some televangelists, it's not about money. There's little to be made by being a pastor or a roman catholic priest, when you don't rise through the ranks and that's not a given. But even the most pathetic loser gains an infinite amount of power over his sheeple.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1250 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11154 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 9499 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Atheists, Do You Hope You are Right? Neo-Scholastic 52 8924 October 15, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: Hmmm?
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5278 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7767 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Religion vs. Disbelief: No Hope. Why bother? LivingNumbers6.626 11 2931 December 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  We can demonstrate that souls, if they exist, can't feel pain. Chad32 10 3839 January 27, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Hope FadingW 4 1866 December 13, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: lilyannerose