Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it really politically correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite?
Is it really politically correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite?
Hello everyone!

So I have a Christian friend (he's not to serious about it, but he serious enough to get mad about this) and whenever someone says "Happy Holidays" he goes off on a rant about he is sick of PC. I try to explain to him they they are just being polite and if they want to say Happy holidays it is their right. And he goes off on hows there is war on Christmas. For example, my bio teacher had a little tree on his desk and he called it a "Holiday Tree." He starting bitching (and I quote) " we know what it is, call it what it fucking is, a Christmas Tree." I told him that he has the right to call it whatever he wants. Is it just me or are people like that hypocritical because they want everyone to follow their own beliefs but then they start to bitch about PC when they don't follow the Christian custom of calling it a Christmas tree or saying "Merry Christmas." To me, its not about being politically correct, its just about being polite. So what if people don't say Merry Christmas, how is it effecting you?
RE: Is is really political correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite?
Would he prefer "fuck you?" It can be arranged.

Personally, I'm sick of these xtan shitwits trotting out their goddamned jesus every time you turn around.
RE: Is it really politically correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite?
Even when I was a christian I didn't have a problem with Happy Holidays. There is more going on during the winter solstice than christmas, and even if you only mean christmas there's still another holiday right around the corner. So what's wrong with happy holidays?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Is it really politically correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite?
(November 16, 2014 at 11:29 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Even when I was a christian I didn't have a problem with Happy Holidays. There is more going on during the winter solstice than christmas, and even if you only mean christmas there's still another holiday right around the corner. So what's wrong with happy holidays?

Thats my question!!!!. I don't know why they get so butt hurt when someone is trying to be polite.
(November 16, 2014 at 11:05 pm)mrappleman Wrote: Hello everyone!

So I have a Christian friend (he's not to serious about it, but he serious enough to get mad about this) and whenever someone says "Happy Holidays" he goes off on a rant about he is sick of PC. I try to explain to him they they are just being polite and if they want to say Happy holidays it is their right. And he goes off on hows there is war on Christmas. For example, my bio teacher had a little tree on his desk and he called it a "Holiday Tree." He starting bitching (and I quote) " we know what it is, call it what it fucking is, a Christmas Tree." I told him that he has the right to call it whatever he wants. Is it just me or are people like that hypocritical because they want everyone to follow their own beliefs but then they start to bitch about PC when they don't follow the Christian custom of calling it a Christmas tree or saying "Merry Christmas." To me, its not about being politically correct, its just about being polite. So what if people don't say Merry Christmas, how is it effecting you?

This one is better. I wish you a merry non-denominational holiday time.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 16, 2014 at 11:45 pm)dyresand Wrote: This one is better. I wish you a merry non-denominational holiday time.

Lol perfect
I don't care what they call it, as long as I get drunk and enjoy myself.
(November 16, 2014 at 11:32 pm)mrappleman Wrote:
(November 16, 2014 at 11:29 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Even when I was a christian I didn't have a problem with Happy Holidays. There is more going on during the winter solstice than christmas, and even if you only mean christmas there's still another holiday right around the corner. So what's wrong with happy holidays?

Thats my question!!!!. I don't know way they get so butt hurt when someone is trying to be polite.

Because the FOX shitwits have convinced them that they are being insulted. Xtians have an enormous chip on their shoulders to begin with. It doesn't take much to work them up.
Poor persecuted christians, losing their grasp on the american theocracy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Christian entitlement. Fuck that. We live in a diversity rich country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1165 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1438 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2339 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11370 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If you could correct "god's" mistakes... The Valkyrie 50 12908 April 23, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 23482 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2874 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Do as I say, not as I do thool 22 7195 May 29, 2017 at 4:59 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is it fair to say? purplepurpose 53 6668 December 23, 2016 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Can I just say why I love you guys? Won2blv 13 2442 December 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Alex K