Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
read vs unread
read vs unread
Could there possibly be an option to mark a thread as unread. I do a lot of navigation through the your posts function, and sometimes only have time to read a post not respond, then it gets lost. Could we have a mark as unread function possibly?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: read vs unread
Good suggestion.
There is. Simply click on the atheist symbol to the left of the thread name.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
You're going to have to be more specific, because I can't find the function you're talking about, I can't get anything to work like an unread function would.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
On this forum symbol marker you can mark as 'read' ...but you can't change it back to unread, plus it's only for the subsection and not for individual posts.
Oh I see. That's me reading too quickly again. You'll have to get Adrian to write a little snippet of code for that I suspect.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Why not use the "today's posts" option instead then? I presume the message you look for should be within 24 hours.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I'm not sure this is possible to implement due to the way the "read" system is linked into the forum software. I'm pretty sure it's session / cookie based so I'm not sure whether I can do anything.

If you want a quick solution, I suggest you click the "Subscribe to this thread" link at the bottom of a thread page. Then you can view these threads (think of them as "favourites" or "todos") here:

http://atheistforums.org/usercp.php?acti...scriptions
That looks another good/ useful way of tracking posts. Shame you can't reset the cookie Sad
I can reset the cookie, it's just I'm not sure how the whole thing works. I fear I might mess something up if I start fiddling around with cookies...they do play the important role of making sure everyone stays signed in after all Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 16156 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  HELP My font size has shrunk and I can read it without a magnifying glass là bạn điên 10 2909 January 31, 2014 at 6:49 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Warning of unread posts before answering in thread pocaracas 1 1616 August 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  [Solved] - mark forum read tackattack 2 2237 May 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Marked as Unread Eilonnwy 6 2246 October 4, 2010 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  Regarding our Rule on Insults (Please read post before voting) Eilonnwy 51 24202 July 28, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Mark all forums "read" StewartP 6 5546 September 5, 2008 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Tiberius