Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark all forums "read"
Mark all forums "read"
Is there an option for this? It would be handy for managing what's new
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
RE: Mark all forums "read"
Yes, it's at the bottom of the main homepage, and it's called

Mark All Forums Read

Wink
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Ah, found it.

Many thank-yous
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx

Ah, I have one more grip with the "Mark all Forums read"

It doesn't.
Works for me :S
I click the thing, and if I subsequently choose "new posts" there are no results.

So far, so good.

But under "Today's Posts" there are several still bolded as unread.
Yeah...the link says "Mark all forums read". On the main page if you have read posts in a forum then the forum icon will look like this:
[Image: on.gif]
The "mark all forums read" will simply make each one appear like this again:
[Image: off.gif]
As you pointed out, it also blanks the "view new posts" page, but any thread you have yet to read will still appear unread in a forum if you go to view it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spam Detection (READ THIS IF YOUR POSTS KEEP DISAPPEARING) Tiberius 30 16055 July 4, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My experiences with internet forums Mariosep 151 33962 June 24, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheist Forums Must Change Cinjin 47 8482 January 30, 2016 at 8:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Changeable skins on the forums Heat 34 5333 October 26, 2015 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Darkstar
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6118 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  HELP My font size has shrunk and I can read it without a magnifying glass là bạn điên 10 2904 January 31, 2014 at 6:49 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Know any other atheist forums? -z- 57 21005 January 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Dear Atheist Forums thesummerqueen 127 58732 October 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: BloodyHeretic
  Christian forums? BloodyHeretic 6 3173 October 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Phaedra
  [Solved] - mark forum read tackattack 2 2229 May 10, 2011 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: tackattack