Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newtonian physics is why Cam survived.
Newtonian physics is why Cam survived.
I am really sick of Fleebow types and once again this.

https://www.facebook.com/CamJNewton2/pho...tif_t=like
RE: Newtonian physics is why Cam survived.
Combine American sports (where god gets credit for all sorts of mundane things) with Facebook (where everything that happens is some sort of object lesson for humanity) and that's what you end up with. A guy involved in an accident that broke his back is thankful to god. Maybe even more thankful than that time that god helped him throw three touchdowns in the second half to win a big game!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
If a Muslim survives a car accident in Saudi Arabia they would be thanking Allah. If a Jew survives a car accident in Israel they would be thanking Yahweh. If a Buddhist in Burma survives a car accident they would be thanking Buddha. If a Hindu survives a car accident they would be thanking yet a different god.

Religion worldwide is a product of birth and what your society passes down to you.
A truly merciful God would've sent him to a team that has a chance to be something more than punching bags.

(December 12, 2014 at 9:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: If a Muslim survives a car accident in Saudi Arabia they would be thanking Allah. If a Jew survives a car accident in Israel they would be thanking Yahweh. If a Buddhist in Burma survives a car accident they would be thanking Buddha. If a Hindu survives a car accident they would be thanking yet a different god.

Religion worldwide is a product of birth and what your society passes down to you.

Actually Buddhism is a non theistic religion.

(December 12, 2014 at 10:02 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: A truly merciful God would've sent him to a team that has a chance to be something more than punching bags.

Haha
(December 12, 2014 at 10:02 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: A truly merciful God would've sent him to a team that has a chance to be something more than punching bags.

Yea, God loves Washington so much they are 3 & 10

(December 12, 2014 at 10:04 am)Rob216 Wrote:
(December 12, 2014 at 9:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: If a Muslim survives a car accident in Saudi Arabia they would be thanking Allah. If a Jew survives a car accident in Israel they would be thanking Yahweh. If a Buddhist in Burma survives a car accident they would be thanking Buddha. If a Hindu survives a car accident they would be thanking yet a different god.

Actually Buddhism is a non theistic religion.

Haha

I hate that dodge about Buddhism. Lack of a deity does not mean lack of superstitious ritual. They still pray to statues of Buddha and think those rituals bring them luck.
(December 12, 2014 at 9:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: If a Muslim survives a car accident in Saudi Arabia they would be thanking Allah. If a Jew survives a car accident in Israel they would be thanking Yahweh. If a Buddhist in Burma survives a car accident they would be thanking Buddha. If a Hindu survives a car accident they would be thanking yet a different god...

And if Rick Grimes survived a zombie holocaust they would be thanking Daryl Dixon! Ha-haaaaa!

[Image: daryl-dixon-the-walking-dead-16988545-840-600.jpeg]
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
George Carlin thanked Joe Pesci.
(December 12, 2014 at 10:09 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Yea, God loves Washington so much they are 3 & 10

(December 12, 2014 at 10:04 am)Rob216 Wrote: Actually Buddhism is a non theistic religion.

Haha

I hate that dodge about Buddhism. Lack of a deity does not mean lack of superstitious ritual. They still pray to statues of Buddha and think those rituals bring them luck.

I don't want to make this a huge thing because I'm not Buddhist but I don't think that they pray TO Buddha, I think they pray AROUND statues of Buddha. What I'm saying is that the areas they hold their rituals they place statues of Buddha as inspiration, not as their deity.
(December 12, 2014 at 10:18 am)Rob216 Wrote:
(December 12, 2014 at 10:09 am)Brian37 Wrote: Yea, God loves Washington so much they are 3 & 10

I don't want to make this a huge thing because I'm not Buddhist but I don't think that they pray TO Buddha, I think they pray AROUND statues of Buddha. What I'm saying is that the areas they hold their rituals they place statues of Buddha as inspiration, not as their deity.

I dont care, it is still a dodge to make excuses to talk to yourself which is still a superstition.

Pray in front of a statue of a dildo it still amounts to the same hollow action.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 424 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4