Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Very very close to the second coming" again.
"Very very close to the second coming" again.
Quote:For those wondering how America fares in the End Times, Greg Laurie – known worldwide for his Harvest Crusade outreaches and concerts – says the U.S. has already begun its descent from superpower status and world prominence, as he contends the last days are already among us.

The 61-year-old global evangelist made it very clear that he believes that we are "very, very close" to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, when He will rapture the Church, both alive and dead, leaving behind unbelievers to experience the "Great Tribulation." This seven-year period is believed by premillennialist Christians as ushering in the antichrist and a new one world order government, under which Laurie says the Bible doesn't mention the United States as a key player.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/church/2014/12...IueMSvF8pA
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: "Very very close to the second coming" again.
Oh goodie, the second coming won't come as predicted for the umpteenth time. Perhaps the problem is that there wasn't a first coming?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I think I'd start spelling god with a capital "G" more often if they learned how to quit using a capital "H" to spell "he".
Another fuckwit. He should recall what happened to Camping.
The Bible doesn't mention the USA at all, what is this fucker on?

(December 12, 2014 at 10:08 pm)Elskidor Wrote: I think I'd start spelling god with a capital "G" more often if they learned how to quit using a capital "H" to spell "he".

I'm with you. That might be the single most annoying thing they do. I'd rather them threaten me with hell every five minutes.
(December 12, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: The Bible doesn't mention the USA at all, what is this fucker on?

The bible is as shitty a geography book as it is a science book.
Quote:Laurie insists that events leading up to the End Times are clearly laid out in the Bible and that many have already passed, including the return of Israel as a nation in 1948 (some 2,000 years after its people were scattered in the New Testament), the proliferation of Islamic jihad, Russia's alignment with Iran and the escalation and acceptance of immoral behavior worldwide (abortion, homosexuality, fornication, etc.).

Interesting that the Black Death, which killed so many, wasn't enough to bring about Jesus' return but adult people engaging in consensual sex is enough to make him destroy the world.

Laurie responds why the US is not going to be involved in the end times:

Quote:but the version I prefer the most is we would have the Rapture and so many Americans would be taken to heaven that that would be the explanation for our demise as a nation," Laurie shared, referring to the event when all believing Christians, dead and alive, are "caught up" in the air from the earth to be with Christ, as described in 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Christ loves the US more then the rest of you. Tongue
How many "second comings" can we have and still call it a "second coming". Thinking
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Thanks for the news on Greg.
Glad to see he is hanging in there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Very old people Fake Messiah 32 6050 September 3, 2016 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Nuh uh! was: [split] AF's very own list of Transitional Fossils professor 114 24480 December 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Jenny A