Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Atheist conversion
My Atheist conversion
Well basically my Atheist mind started kicking in around 7th grade. Why; because one of the teachers had shown a religious film that offended me so I basically wrote the essay agents it and pissed off the other students.

Any way the reasons of why I am an Atheist; in most other religions there are just to many flaws and holes not only within the text of the religion but the PEOPLE of the religion. Take for example, the U.S. that claims to be "one nation under god" has killed innocent people for paper money so that Mr. Governor can fly around in a jet for 2 years drinking fancy imported wine...there you go religion and politics all in one shotBig Grin

The other reason that in some religions people claim to be a part of something such as lets say (thinking) Wicca, yet when asked about the history, holidays, so on they know nothing of it and that leaves that religion open to more and any kind of attack leaving to the extension of the religion unless suddenly every one knows about it and defends it.
(for the record I would rather live with a Wiccan than any other household that is ran by religion)

Also one last thing; to me there is no right or wrong way of life for Atheist, you can be a "family man" or type that likes to kick back watch the Playboy channel all day there for leading to no "open" attacks on Atheism.
[Image: IowaBoy.png]
Half way pro...ROFLOL
RE: My Atheist conversion
(February 20, 2010 at 4:33 am)IowaBoy Wrote: Well basically my Atheist mind started kicking in around 7th grade. Why; because one of the teachers had shown a religious film that offended me so I basically wrote the essay agents it and pissed off the other students.

Which movie was it?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 21, 2010 at 12:16 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(February 20, 2010 at 4:33 am)IowaBoy Wrote: Well basically my Atheist mind started kicking in around 7th grade. Why; because one of the teachers had shown a religious film that offended me so I basically wrote the essay agents it and pissed off the other students.

Which movie was it?

remember the titans i think (to lazy to look back on my early post from when i first joined). truly it was the fact that the school had even approved of the showing of the film without asking the parents or students that got me even more pissed off.
Half way pro...ROFLOL
I don't remember Remember the Titans being a religious movie, what about it upset you?

Quote:Any way the reasons of why I am an Atheist; in most other religions there are just to many flaws and holes not only within the text of the religion but the PEOPLE of the religion.

I can agree with the statement that religions have many flaws, but why would you not believe in gods because of the people who practice that religion? There are atheists who are idiots too, does that deter you from atheism?
(February 21, 2010 at 6:01 pm)Zhalentine Wrote: I don't remember Remember the Titans being a religious movie, what about it upset you?

Might be the wrong movie title. All I know is that the film that the teacher had shown was very Christian related; students crying over their "sins", praying in the lockeroom stuff like that.

(February 21, 2010 at 6:01 pm)Zhalentine Wrote: I can agree with the statement that religions have many flaws, but why would you not believe in gods because of the people who practice that religion? There are atheists who are idiots too, does that deter you from atheism?

Think of the people that claim to be Christions and yet kill men because of their sexuality or race (color of skin). Yet in the old version of the bible it says nothing about homosexuality, it was added in a 1000 years later (false translation of believe). As for the race thing the ignorant idiots of the new world just made up the whole God and Jesus were white to go on a killing rampage. But along with this you most think of what the "leaders" of any religion do, take for example at the Westburo Church they go out and call men "*ags", when yet they don't have their evidence for doing this?
Half way pro...ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Conversion - De-conversion *Long* rskovride 9 3339 March 4, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1939 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4599 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3385 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My de-converted re-conversion Rarthyr500 47 13360 December 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Yet another Christian-to-Atheism conversion DoctorChumba 7 3049 June 29, 2013 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  My Conversion from Fundamentalism (Long!) Archbow 33 13769 November 7, 2012 at 9:58 am
Last Post: SkepticalMoron
  Funny little de-conversion will_alltogether 7 2495 October 2, 2012 at 8:38 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  My conversion frogger6 11 3584 September 26, 2012 at 9:49 am
Last Post: festive1
  Hello all! I'm new here. My de- conversion story. Short and sweet. Sinyail 2 2288 March 4, 2011 at 2:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko