Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Navigators
The Navigators
So I just talked to my long time ex-girlfriend, who I suspect ended things with me because I wasn't Christian enough; I was a pretty laidback Catholic when she was dating me, which should say something. Now she's employed with the Navigators, a campus evangelism ministry, so I feel pretty lucky I got out when. They sound a little...coockoo. Has anyone else encountered these guys, Cru, or other such ministries? Are they cultish in any way?
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: The Navigators
Evangelists in general are a pretty nutty bunch and, while I couldn't quickly glean much about The Navigators with a quick google search, I'm certain that they're at least as nutty as the rest.
One thing I found interesting is that two of the six links (probably not the correct term) at their web site had to do with asking for donations. Then, when I clicked on "About us" I got a "last opportunity to donate" message and nothing more. Speaks columns doesn't it?
Yeah, it seems to be a mixed message from religon.

"God is all powerful, God loves you, God will provide."

"We need money or our religion will crumble."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 16, 2014 at 12:51 am)Tombochan Wrote: Evangelists in general are a pretty nutty bunch and, while I couldn't quickly glean much about The Navigators with a quick google search, I'm certain that they're at least as nutty as the rest.
One thing I found interesting is that two of the six links (probably not the correct term) at their web site had to do with asking for donations. Then, when I clicked on "About us" I got a "last opportunity to donate" message and nothing more. Speaks columns doesn't it?

Yeah, she apparently is fully funded by donations, even though the Navigators also pay her. It's a little bit of a shady business model if you ask me.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Skep...you get yourself into some strange beds man. High five!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 16, 2014 at 9:32 am)Rhythm Wrote: Skep...you get yourself into some strange beds man. High five!

Stealth pays dividends!

(December 16, 2014 at 12:26 am)StealthySkeptic Wrote: So I just talked to my long time ex-girlfriend, who I suspect ended things with me because I wasn't Christian enough; I was a pretty laidback Catholic when she was dating me, which should say something. Now she's employed with the Navigators, a campus evangelism ministry, so I feel pretty lucky I got out when. They sound a little...coockoo. Has anyone else encountered these guys, Cru, or other such ministries? Are they cultish in any way?

My brother-in-law brought in his Navigator neighbor to talk to me when he learned I was an agnostic. Talking to that guy was an important step on my road to being an atheist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.