Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will religion disappear?
When will religion disappear?
I hope i will be still alive the day that religions will slowly start fading away and people will be realizing they have been indoctrinated like billions of other sheeps into man made propagandas. But right now islam is the so called 'fastest growing religion'..but from the inside looking it's the fastest collapsing too. we're almost in 2015 and there are still people believing in the abrahamic religions..the worst thing is that some of them never will realize that they been fooled and there is no afterlife once dead haha
RE: When will religion disappear?
(December 17, 2014 at 12:50 am)Iloveporc Wrote: I hope i will be still alive the day that religions will slowly start fading away and people will be realizing they have been indoctrinated like billions of other sheeps into man made propagandas. But right now islam is the so called 'fastest growing religion'..but from the inside looking it's the fastest collapsing too. we're almost in 2015 and there are still people believing in the abrahamic religions..the worst thing is that some of them never will realize that they been fooled and there is no afterlife once dead haha

In the first countries secularism is pushing religion back into is place. Third world countries yeah... they are getting it pretty badly considering religion and people teaching it preys on the weak minded.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Religion evolves. At one point in history goddess worship was what held people in its sway. That evolved into polytheism, which evolved into monotheism. Religion evolves to better fit the needs of the people at any given time, which is why I doubt it will ever truly fade away. The three Judeo-Christian religions will fade into mythology, certainly, but religion itself will always evolve and remain. Unfortunately.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
The answer to your question as posed - when will religion disappear? - is, I think, "around the time humans disappear." As old religions die out new ones will take their places.

Now, a similar but maybe less extreme question is "when will religion be the minority?" For the world, probably a long long time from now. For certain places (like Latvia, I hear), it already is.

And for me, of course, the important question is " when will religion become the minority viewpoint *where I am*?" My guess is that it won't be my generation, or the next one... but my grandchildren and their peers may be the first secular generation here in the states.

Here's hoping it's sooner.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Give me a roll of quarters and a free afternoon, and I'll handle some business. /1982

Not soon enough.
When human beings go extinct.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(December 17, 2014 at 2:10 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: When human beings go extinct.

This!

As long as there are unanswered questions, some humans will always go straight for the god of the gaps.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
When hell freezes over.

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
My prediction is that religion will disappear forever on 21 February 2016. On that date, all religionists in the world will realize they've been duped and have been wasting their time on never-to-be-fulfilled fantasies.

I know this because Jesus told me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4234 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16563 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism